YouTube connection issues

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. YouTube connection issues

User Info: WhiteTigerShiro

WhiteTigerShiro
6 months ago#1
I can watch videos on Netflix no problem, but for some reason if I switch to YouTube it'll only play for a few minutes before giving me a "Cannot connect to YouTube" error that requires me to exit and restart the app (at which point it'll continue to only give me a few minutes at most at a time). Anyone know how to fix the problem?
"Not all who wander are lost."

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
6 months ago#2
What happens if you use your browser for youtube?
Behold my beauty!
~Rebecca~ <3

WhiteTigerShiro
6 months ago#3
I guess I never thought to try that. Does the YouTube app just plain not work?

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
6 months ago#4
WhiteTigerShiro posted...
I guess I never thought to try that. Does the YouTube app just plain not work?

I'm not sure has been ages since I used either youtube or my Wii U...

But I remember using youtube on my browser because the layout was better than the app.

Same with my phone, using the Chrome browser for Youtube is better than using the App.

Alternatively you could try deleting it and downloading it again.
Behold my beauty!
~Rebecca~ <3

WhiteTigerShiro
6 months ago#5
*Bump* Yeah I got nothing. Trying to load through the browser just causes it to give me a message about it not supporting any known video formats (I forget the exact wording). So I still need a method of fixing the YouTube App or now for fixing the video playback when using the browser.

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
6 months ago#6
I've had that issue with the YouTube app on my Wii U. It's definitely not the internet connection and my Netflix and Amazon video apps work perfect. I also use the Watchup app without any problems, and that seems like it'd be most prone to issues with all its sourcing.
I don't really like to dispute facts, just rearrange them as necessary. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. YouTube connection issues

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived