This is probably a silly question - is there any way to sell digital games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. This is probably a silly question - is there any way to sell digital games?

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
11 months ago#11
PotatoTears posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
You can sell the console with the games downloaded onto it but IIRC you would have to let them have your NNID as well to be able to play them. Change your info in the settings before selling

can you do something like this on ebay? Thats what im wondeirng, like is this even allowed?

Why wouldn't it be?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User Info: PotatoTears

PotatoTears
11 months ago#12
rexcrk posted...
PotatoTears posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
You can sell the console with the games downloaded onto it but IIRC you would have to let them have your NNID as well to be able to play them. Change your info in the settings before selling

can you do something like this on ebay? Thats what im wondeirng, like is this even allowed?

Why wouldn't it be?

seems like something people would say was sketchy considering you're selling your username and password, which could easily be changed. I'm not saying I'd do that obviously I'm just wondering if people actually consider doing it / if ebay even allows that kind of thing since its somewhat exploitable?
http://www.twitch.tv/kawaiikiwix3
Currently Streaming: LoH Trails SC, LoH Trails TC, Cold Steel 1, Cold Steel 2, Cold Steel 3, TBA..

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
11 months ago#13
If ebay has a policy against selling digital accounts, it is probably poorly enforced considering how much money they make off of it (steam accounts under completed listings for example). Nothing illegal about it, with the exception of any Terms of Service in the binding contract during the purchase of the actual game.

Not surprised really. Their pirated software policies are also poorly enforced as well, despite being highly illegal. Every day, there are literally thousands of pirated games being listed and sold on ebay, labeled as "repro" or someother bullcrap. I have reported countless listings until I had to stop and either feed myself or pee, called them up and complained, and even constantly reported ebay.com to Nintendo as a website selling their pirated software. Highly recommend everyone do the same.
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. This is probably a silly question - is there any way to sell digital games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived