Nintendo hardly stocked Zelda BotW on Wii U at all

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo hardly stocked Zelda BotW on Wii U at all

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
1 year ago#1
So Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop are sold out of Zelda online, there are scalpers on Amazon selling for $70+ for the Wii U versoin.

Most Best Buy and GS have 0 copies of the Wii U version at local stores. They only have the Swtich one in stock but no systems to sell.

Seems like they really are trying to kill off the Wii U fast. The physical copy of BotW on Wii U could actual become rare since its this hard to find now.

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
1 year ago#2
This isn't new. They have "hardly stocked" several games this gen including Devil's Third and Pikman 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyXIXyAZq0
Please consider adopting a cat from your SPCA or local animal shelter.

User Info: chex81

chex81
1 year ago#3
Expected this, that's why I preordered...I never preorder, the last game before Zelda was mass effect 2.
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: Kona

Kona
1 year ago#4
Many Gamestop locations still have them in stock, just reserve one there for pickup near where you live.
PSN ID Kona, Level 40 Hunter ready for battle. Also 2 Titans
Jesus loves gamers. <>< Wishing for return of Gjallarhorn and Lucky Raspberry 2.0,

User Info: briguy

briguy
1 year ago#5
You should have been aware of Nintendo doing this by now, and if you really wanted the game you would have pre ordered it to make sure you got a copy.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece and making fanboys fall to pieces.

Ryu X
1 year ago#6
Kona posted...
Many Gamestop locations still have them in stock, just reserve one there for pickup near where you live.

Only if you live out in the middle of no where. If you live in a somewhat populated city they are all gone. I live in Portland and there are none at all

http://i.imgur.com/rSy8lVA.png

Ryu X
1 year ago#7
briguy posted...
You should have been aware of Nintendo doing this by now, and if you really wanted the game you would have pre ordered it to make sure you got a copy.

It's a game that Nintendo can make more copies of if they wanted there is nothing limiting them from doing this. It is the fact that they are trying to push the Switch that they won't which is a pretty scummy move.

User Info: iphys

iphys
1 year ago#8
Yeah, I think they basically only went by the pre-orders to have the game disappear off the shelves quickly and force people to buy the Switch to play it. Worst case you can still buy it on the eShop though. Funny thing is I pre-ordered mine for 30% off 3-years ago, and EB games will let me trade it in for a free Switch game, so I get to play the game and then trade it in for more value than I even paid for it.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
1 year ago#9
I was going to pre-order as I figured this was going to happen, but I never bothered. Oh, well. I just bought Horizon: Zero Dawn. Maybe by the time I finish playing that. Nintendo will have some more copies for Wii U in the stores.

Edit: Maybe there will be some used ones floating around in a month or two.

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
1 year ago#10
I pre-ordered it on Amazon back in 2014, and I am not getting it until next month.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 6
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo hardly stocked Zelda BotW on Wii U at all

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived