No matter how you view censorship, Nintendo is stupid for doing it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. No matter how you view censorship, Nintendo is stupid for doing it.

User Info: Lm03

Lm03
1 year ago#31
kislev posted...
Lm03 posted...
so Capcom (and Sony too, i guess) and Blizzard can censor Mika and Tracer just because they are not the kid from highschool that is constantly bullied by society because it stands out from the crowd?

when street fighter 5 was censored there was a pretty big outcry on the ps4 boards actually

i know, the question is, why TC is picking just on Nintendo when this issue is happening everywhere else?

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
1 year ago#32
Lm03 posted...
i know, the question is, why TC is picking just on Nintendo when this issue is happening everywhere else?

This is a Nintendo board.
Spectre of Dark Aether

User Info: Zayzie

Zayzie
1 year ago#33
Lm03 posted...
kislev posted...
Lm03 posted...
so Capcom (and Sony too, i guess) and Blizzard can censor Mika and Tracer just because they are not the kid from highschool that is constantly bullied by society because it stands out from the crowd?

when street fighter 5 was censored there was a pretty big outcry on the ps4 boards actually

It's a Nintendo board discussing Nintendo things. Go to the other boards if you want to discuss topic pertaining to those companies.
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
1 year ago#34
kranix1 posted...
Judging from the outcry and constant whining, I think Nintendo made the right decision. Nintendo's fanbase obviously isn't ready for anything that's above a PG-13, and even then, that might be too much.

Right decision?

As compared to leaving the game unaltered and me shutting up over censorship of the game I want and this topic never existing in the first place and all of us not arguing over this?

Seriously? The right decision?
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/ElectricMole
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188

User Info: zado19

zado19
1 year ago#35
you guys whine about "censorship" so much that you cant even see the real issues that are present in gaming....

fact is... if you consider something to be 'censored' just dont buy the game... stop b****ing on here bc seriously, we have more important things to worry about

in reality, if changing some art on the wall that you will just run by is enough to make you not want to buy and play the game.... you didnt want to play it in the first place so not playing now is not even in issue for you... dont even pretend like you are forcing yourselves to make some statement bc if you wanted to really play the game, changing some pictures on the wall that you may run by a few times is not going to be a defining factor

dont speak about the policies being the issue either.... because in reality... its pretty dumb to be up in arms about boob sliders and poster going from showing 2 pieces to 1 pieces when the industry is overrun by DLC and shady practices that are rampant in 2016... there are bigger, real issues to be concerned with... not this dumb ass "they took away the cleavage" bulls***

nevermind all the gameplay elements being "censored" in recent times... gotta get them T&A worked out first.....

gamers make me f***ing sick...
PSN: zado19 | NNID: CommanderMadness | FC: 2449-5775-0135
http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/find-support-groups

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
1 year ago#36
DUBTuner posted...
I find it weird that a bunch of grown ups are mad about not being able to see naked polygons.

This is literally the only "argument" people bring up to counter the complaint.
It got old a long time ago.
Get something of substance..... or at least something new.

carljenk posted...
It's stupid of Nintendo to do it but it's also stupid to spite yourself and not buy the game if you are interested in it. Because in the end your tiny boycott is not going to convince them that low sales aren't just because it's a niche title.

I not spiting myself.
I was barely interested in the game to begin with.
All this did was turn me off of it.

I still got Fates despite the censorship. But for a game I am already rather on the fence about, this doesn't do it any favors for me.

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
1 year ago#37
DUBTuner posted...
I find it weird that a bunch of grown ups are mad about not being able to see naked polygons.

I dont get why that guy is upset I painted his car neon pink when he asked for red. Its just a color. He should stop "whigneging" and grow up.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/ElectricMole
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 year ago#38
ElectricMole posted...
DUBTuner posted...

I dont get why that guy is upset I painted his car neon pink when he asked for red. Its just a color.

Well in your example I am assuming he is paying for it do you did f*** up the job. In the case of gaming if no one pointed it out you would play the game without ever knowing
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: toma13

toma13
1 year ago#39
I love how people think it's some crazy censorship conspiracy Nintendo has going on. This issue has nothing to do with Nintendo. It's not even just limited to the video game industry. It even happens in movies all the time.

It's marketing. If Nintendo wants a game to get an E10 or T rating, they cut down on the skin. Nintendo games with E10 or T ratings sell better than M rated games. That's it. Just like anyone else would. It's the same reason why Marvel doesn't put blood and F-bombs in the MCU movies (Deadpool doesn't count). They want a PG-13, and they know how to get it. If a scene crossed the line, it would be cut or digitally altered. Nintendo is doing the same thing.

Your anime girls are going to have bigger underwear in North America, or they won't come here at all. End of story.
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt

User Info: ikki5

ikki5
1 year ago#40
Baha05 posted...
Its silly for sure but it is far more stupid that people make abhuge fuss over every little thing

When your system of choice has been labelled as kiddie for the last 30 years, essentially been on the decline for the last 30 years aside from the one outlier, then you should begin to question the amount of censorship that is happening. It is happening on a large portion of games now and well... with the majority of consumers being well into adulthood, that "minor censorship" shouldn't be happening. Censorship shouldn't be happening at all unless it is borderline illegal stuff.

But this is something you don't understand it seems and me trying to explain it to you is probably wasting my time.

kislev posted...
agreed, catering to a loud minority who wont even buy ur game is absurd and almit does is further divide the already exisiting fanbase on the issue

Hmm... minority or is it the majority that already left to a more grown up system making the "minority" the people who are still loyal just by a thread?
Toadette, the most adorable Nintendo character!:D
My Mario Maker levels. Enjoy: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Sampsonj?type=posted
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. No matter how you view censorship, Nintendo is stupid for doing it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived