• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Alleged thoughts of Brian Fargo (Fallout creator) on Satoru Iwata's death:

User Info: Master_Faust

Master_Faust
3 years ago#1
Before you read the citation provided below, please do note first that it was NOT confirmed NOR debunked that Brian Fargo actually said any of the things which are being cited below this warning. This text was sent to me by one of my very close friends who happens to work in the video game making industry (he's from a small indie studio that distributes their games through PSN store), and he said that Brian Fargo said those things in one of closed game developer online chat sessions, so I cannot provide proofs that this actually happened, but I also can't provide proof of it being otherwise.

Anyway, here it is (the thing Brian Fargo supposedly said during a closed chat session with some of the video game developers):
"Satoru Iwata died several hours ago, at the age of 55. Current President of Nintendo. He was one of those people who created and co-developed MOTHER, Zelda, Metroid, and many other of Nintendo's IPs. This is a truly massive blow not only to the corporation itself, but also to the entire worldwide gaming society. It looks like this is it. This is that very moment thousands upon thousands of gamers across the planet feared the most - Nintendo is slowly (but surely) dying after all. The decline was just way too strong in the last 5 or so years. After more than 125 years of existence, Nintendo is now finally dying...like a true dragon. A truly historical moment."

P.S. If you don't know who Brian Fargo is: he's the creator of Wasteland, Fallout, Bard's Tale and Neuromancer.
I play these anytime and at any place: "Guitar Freaks" series, "Silent Hill" series, "The King of Fighters" series, X series, DDR.

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
3 years ago#2
When Jobs died apple died too
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -My youtube http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2014/02/fibber-mcgee-and-molly.html -Best show ever

User Info: Anthoba32

Anthoba32
3 years ago#3
50inchDLP posted...

Yeah and now looks what's up with them now... (Typing on my iphone6)
http://i.imgur.com/QutMNC2.gif
"Rubbing your hands all over someone's face isn't a welcome behavior." -Azura

User Info: icegamerice

icegamerice
3 years ago#4
I understand a massive change could take place following his death but the way a respected developer uses his death to start death of the company is highly disrespectful of him. The arrogance western developers have gotten because they now out-compete pretty much every Japanese company is showing more and more every single day.

yes nintendo will focus on replacing their ceo but you cannot cry death to them so soon. What a disrespectful person.
main zero suit Samus. The one from other m

User Info: P-Kong

P-Kong
3 years ago#5
Anthoba32 posted...
50inchDLP posted...

Yeah and now looks what's up with them now... (Typing on my iphone6)

More like, they got like current SEGA.

iPhone 5? Bigger screen? Sells like hotcakes.
It sells, but is nothing interesting to the older fans.
NNID: philippik 3DS FC: 1736-3100-1934
Central European Time (CET), means +9 PST

User Info: Vyers

Vyers
3 years ago#6
Seriously. No offense to Cook, but Jobs created the momentum Apple has today. The Apple Watch was supposed to be their next iPad, and it seems to be a dud.
Don't forget about your self-care~!

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 years ago#7
50inchDLP posted...

It's more like Samsung died when he died, considering the Samsung Galaxy S6 is pretty much an Iphone. Well, at least it's more durable and has a better camera.

Anyway, I'd say it's pretty stupid to use it as an example of a company dying. If anything, deaths of kings are usually associated with new life and change. Company presidents are like kings in that regard.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: andrea987

andrea987
3 years ago#8
That seems like someone using someone else's death to push forward his animosity towards a company, or his ill wishes towards it.
I refuse to think a professional would do that. If I'm wrong, it's just another step down for humanity; we're already pretty low, anyhow.
Keeping me young: Vic20, ZX Spectrum, C64, Amiga 600, Atari Lynx, PS1, PS2, PS3, Megadrive, Dreamcast, XBox, GB, GBA, DS, 3DS, SNES, GC, Wii, WiiU; thanks guys.

User Info: Megamushroom666

Megamushroom666
3 years ago#9
Nintendo isn't dying though. They've been actively planning a different direction for the future. What a dumb ass.
Images of India: Youtu.be/OdtXfus30Pw
Snackeroo.com - NNID/PSN: GRINDIN120

User Info: Anthoba32

Anthoba32
3 years ago#10
Vyers posted...
Seriously. No offense to Cook, but Jobs created the momentum Apple has today. The Apple Watch was supposed to be their next iPad, and it seems to be a dud.

If only they made it ALOT cheaper.......
http://i.imgur.com/QutMNC2.gif
"Rubbing your hands all over someone's face isn't a welcome behavior." -Azura
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Alleged thoughts of Brian Fargo (Fallout creator) on Satoru Iwata's death:
  • Topic Archived