Wonder what Nintendo is going to do next?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wonder what Nintendo is going to do next?

User Info: FlyinTonite

FlyinTonite
3 years ago#1
They did need a change in leadership, but not like this. However, they could use some fresh blood who aims at competing in the console industry, I wonder what they'll do.
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.

User Info: DuranThePlayer

DuranThePlayer
3 years ago#2
this probably made things worse, having a CEO just die

I hope some of his thoughts where written down before he passed and not left with him

User Info: TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT
3 years ago#3
Wonder how Reggie and Bill must feel right now
Tom Brady is the undisputed GOAT QB
3DS FC: 0087-3118-5257 , Online Games: Smash Bros, Mk7, Mario Tennis, Pokemon Y, Animal crossing, kid Icarus

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
3 years ago#4
I haven't put much thought into this (and it is probably too early to be putting much thought into this), but my guess would be that Iwata had a succession plan of some kind. He appointed a lot of new directors a few years ago - the last time that happened at Nintendo, Iwata was one of them and Yamauchi was building him up to be the next president. Iwata may have had a similar plan.

However, it seems unlikely that any succession plan went much further than the early steps, and Nintendo will now want a steady, experienced hand. Miyamoto has suggested before that he doesn't want the job, though something this sad and sudden might have changed his mind. If Miyamoto still doesn't want it, Takeda is the obvious candidate from within Nintendo.

User Info: sentoworf

sentoworf
3 years ago#5
Nintendo Directs just won't be the same anymore :(
Now Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Windwaker HD, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Just Cause 2
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wonder what Nintendo is going to do next?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived