• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So we're not getting the new Star Wars: Battlefront...

User Info: nahor88

nahor88
5 years ago#1
As a Star Wars AND Nintendo fanboy, this REALLY pisses me off.

I don't wanna have to buy a PS4 JUST for this damn game.

Is the Wii U NOT an HD console? I thought this crap was over with when I started seeing all these 3rd party games actually making it on.
Project M FC: 4940-7491-6762
Eagerly Anticipating - Zelda Wii U

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
5 years ago#2
If that trailer was actually rendered on a ps4 there's no way in hell you could downscale it enough to run on wiiU even if people would buy the game. Hell if the actual game is anywhere close to that the wiiU has no prayer.

Also it's EA did you ever expect them port new games to wiiU?

User Info: Mandrew257

Mandrew257
5 years ago#3
As a PS4 owner also, the game being online only makes it an insta-nope for me.
I'm the ginger bread man.

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
5 years ago#4
People trashed Titanfall for not having a campaign... I'm anxious to see if people do that same for this or not.

I liked Titanfall and am just awaiting to see people's hypocrisy lol.
Playing: WoW (PC), Halo:MCC (XB1), MH4U (N3DS), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

User Info: shadowlink180

shadowlink180
5 years ago#5
Do you not remember how the Wii was treated when it was still out? Tons of games were never ported to it, same thing is happening here. It's because Nintendo thinks they can sell an under-powered console when its competitors have way more powerful consoles. Also, 3rd party games sell awful on Nintendo systems to begin with, so I guess the developers don't think its worth it to even bother with porting their games to Wii U anymore...

User Info: nahor88

nahor88
5 years ago#6
I blame Disney for destroying LucasArts. And they downscaled Force Unleashed 1 and 2 to run on the Wii, and it was still fun even if it didn't look that great. I might even consider TFU2 to be best on the Wii because the game is 3 hours longer.

And I didn't realize it's on-line only... maybe I don't care so much.
Project M FC: 4940-7491-6762
Eagerly Anticipating - Zelda Wii U

User Info: trenken

trenken
5 years ago#7
U mad bro? Buy a console people actually want, and youll get all these awesome 3rd party games.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// PS3 | CygnusZero
XB1 | CygnusZero4790

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
5 years ago#8
Dinglesteed posted...
People trashed Titanfall for not having a campaign... I'm anxious to see if people do that same for this or not.

Why would they with Battlefront? The old Battlefront games had a "campaign" which was basically just a series of offline matches with bots with a tiny bit of structure. Not spending time and resources for a campaign in a multiplayer game is a good thing.
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
5 years ago#9
NovaLevossida posted...
Dinglesteed posted...

Why would they with Battlefront? The old Battlefront games had a "campaign" which was basically just a series of offline matches with bots with a tiny bit of structure. Not spending time and resources for a campaign in a multiplayer game is a good thing.

I don't blame them for leaving it out. I am just curious if people will trash this game like they did with Titanfall. Titanfall was a multiplayer game too, but it was still mocked and berated for having no campaign lol.
Playing: WoW (PC), Halo:MCC (XB1), MH4U (N3DS), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
5 years ago#10
NovaLevossida posted...
The old Battlefront games had a "campaign" which was basically just a series of offline matches with bots with a tiny bit of structure.

Also as far as I can tell they've already confirmed offline missions exist which is basically what you're describing. Game looks interesting to me but I don't trust EA as far as I can throw them and their office building is very heavy.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So we're not getting the new Star Wars: Battlefront...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A