• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How is the Pro Controller battery so good?

User Info: BigKurz

BigKurz
4 years ago#1
I've seen 80 hours listed as its charge duration. And in my year plus of usage, I can't disagree with this claim. How did Nintendo achieve such sorcery? When the XB1 and PS4 controllers last a small fraction of this, how did Nintendo pull this off? I refuse to believe that stupid light on the dual shock 4 matters that much, especially since the pro controller has a blue led on the whole time too.
PS4/Wii U/XB1/Vita/n3DS. PSN/NNID/XBL: bigkurz
Console wars are for losers.

User Info: RicherThanRich

RicherThanRich
4 years ago#2
I also had a Wiimote motion plus that I never once had to swap the batteries out of. Nintendo doesn't mess around.
It's not easy being rich. It's even harder being richer than rich.

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
4 years ago#3
And they are cheaper than the PS4 and Xbox controllers. It's honestly the best controller I've ever used. I just wish it had analog zr and zl triggers instead of digital.
Only ***holes plan day one dlc that isnt included in the games release!
-Edmund McMillen

User Info: SwordToTheChest

SwordToTheChest
4 years ago#4
RicherThanRich posted...
I also had a Wiimote motion plus that I never once had to swap the batteries out of. Nintendo doesn't mess around.

Except on the GamePad. I wish it had an extra hour or two battery life on it but I understand why it doesn't last.
Official Link of the Hyrule Warriors Board

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
4 years ago#5
SwordToTheChest posted...
RicherThanRich posted...

Except on the GamePad. I wish it had an extra hour or two battery life on it but I understand why it doesn't last.

Lol and yet the gamepad still lasts longer than the ps4 controller... While streaming a game and having a full video display. Kind of wondering what happened there tbh
Only ***holes plan day one dlc that isnt included in the games release!
-Edmund McMillen

User Info: ynot_zoidberg

ynot_zoidberg
4 years ago#6
carljenk posted...
And they are cheaper than the PS4 and Xbox controllers. It's honestly the best controller I've ever used. I just wish it had analog zr and zl triggers instead of digital.

Yeah, people try to bash it and call it cheap, but in my opinion it's really ergonomic and well thought out. The biggest problem with the Gamepad is that using it means I'm not using the pro controller.

INB4: fanboy accusations...I have always liked the dualshock controllers, but never like the Xbox controllers. That's just my opinion.
"It's well known that Sony doesn't blackmail reviewers in order to get good reviews like Nintendo does." - Linetrix

User Info: BigKurz

BigKurz
4 years ago#7
SwordToTheChest posted...
RicherThanRich posted...

I got myself that gamepad extended battery and it was a GREAT decision. But I still enjoy getting to rock the 80 hour pro.
PS4/Wii U/XB1/Vita/n3DS. PSN/NNID/XBL: bigkurz
Console wars are for losers.

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
4 years ago#8
my guess is efficient low power electronics(most BT things are very low powered).

For instance on how low powered BT things can be I have a BT touchpad for my tablet, and it doesn't even use 1/3rd the charge after 24 hours of use it has something like a 800mAh battery in it. The Wii U pro controller in comparison has a 1300mAh battery in it(based on what I found)

For my Wii U I find the gamepad battery life perfectly fine (I don't have the screen on max brightness btw), but for my PC I find the Wii U pro controller perfect as it replaced the POS Xbox360 controller I had prior :D
AstralFrost: What part is unique about the Wii U thats actually positive? The underpowered console? The direct ipad ripoff controller? The slew of platformers?

User Info: IanC14

IanC14
4 years ago#9
ynot_zoidberg posted...
carljenk posted...

Yeah, people try to bash it and call it cheap, but in my opinion it's really ergonomic and well thought out. The biggest problem with the Gamepad is that using it means I'm not using the pro controller.

INB4: fanboy accusations...I have always liked the dualshock controllers, but never like the Xbox controllers. That's just my opinion.

Dual Shock 4 is probably my face control of the moment, despite the poor battery life. I do want to get a Wii U Pro Control though. How does it compare to, say, the Classic Control Pro?

User Info: ynot_zoidberg

ynot_zoidberg
4 years ago#10
IanC14 posted...
ynot_zoidberg posted...
carljenk posted...

Dual Shock 4 is probably my face control of the moment, despite the poor battery life. I do want to get a Wii U Pro Control though. How does it compare to, say, the Classic Control Pro?

Much better IMO. I like the control sticks at the top, especially for racing type games where you use the top triggers for gas and brake. It feels just as lightweight, but somehow more sturdy. Handle placement is a bit different, so you may like classic pro better, but I'm all in for Pro controller.
"It's well known that Sony doesn't blackmail reviewers in order to get good reviews like Nintendo does." - Linetrix
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How is the Pro Controller battery so good?
  • Topic Archived