Were WiiU fans N64 fans also?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Were WiiU fans N64 fans also?

User Info: gamefreakz92

gamefreakz92
3 years ago#11
I was like 6, but definitely!

User Info: CubeTV

CubeTV
3 years ago#12
vermilion99 posted...
It's strange that a good portion of the N64 game library was built with multiplayer in mind, and gamers loved it back then. Yet now, because Nintendo didn't evolve the genres or concepts, people act like the those genres and concepts don't matter.

Wii U can't even do multiplayer right imo. I personally can't stand the system at times and hate calling it w Nintendo product.

While I liked the N64, I oved the GCN so much more since pretty much pulled a SNES.
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii

User Info: KungFuPhil

KungFuPhil
3 years ago#13
I'm not a huge Wii U fan and I'm not sure whether I was an N64 fan or not.

Everyone I knew had an N64. I played it at my cousins' houses, at my friends' house and eventually at my own house. I had only one friend who had a PS1 and I'd play it with him occasionally, when we weren't playing Super Smash Bros on his N64. I wouldn't say I was a "N64 fan," as much as, "no one I hung around with had a PS1, so I wasn't exposed to the console nor what it offered."

Now, the GCN? Oh man, huge fan of that console. It's the largest game library I own holding steady at about 150+ games. I don't know what it is about that little purple cube, but I love it to death. It's strange, I think the PS2 has a better library, but the GCN and it's games mean so much more to me.

I tried getting into the Wii and supported it early on, but after the PS3 started building it's library up I stopped playing it. The last game I remember buying for my Wii was No More Heroes 2, but there are still a ton of games I want to buy for it, but I know I'll never be able to finish my backlog.

As for the Wii U, I'm using it mostly as a first-party device. I love my Nintendo games and I'll buy some unique, third-party games that catch my eye, like the Wonderful 101, but I'm buying my multiplatforms on the PS4.
PSN: Moar_Shtick

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
3 years ago#14
also, xbox and ps fans were n64 fans as well.

*whoa moment*
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen

User Info: vermilion99

vermilion99
3 years ago#15
sketchturner posted...
In response to the initial question, yes I was a big fan of N64 and am also a big fan of WiiU.

In response to the overall TC's post, I largely agree with you. Halo in particular owes a great deal of its success to the fact that it filled in a gaming void in the absence of Nintendo having the next great follow-up to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I think the N64 fans who enjoyed the FPS scene moved onto other systems since Nintendo failed to cater to them.

That being said, I think a lot of Nintendo fans primarily enjoy a certain type of FPS. Call of Duty and Halo aren't really their thing. But arcadey games like TimeSplitters are. I think if Nintendo would make an FPS with that sort of feel, it could do very well.

Glad someone else gets what I was saying

User Info: MichaelS91

MichaelS91
3 years ago#16
Considering when the N64 came out I was like 6, don't even remember it being released, I just played on my Mega Drive at the time and I think the only adverts I saw were just for the Playstation. It wasn't till my dad got me the 1st issue of the Official Dreamcast Magazine (with a VHS tape on the front) that I took any proper interest in games. Never played an N64 till about 2000 at my mates. So no I wasn't an n64 fan lol, love my Wii U though.
NNID: stretfordender91
PSN: m-smith1991

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
3 years ago#17
N64 was the only Nintendo console that I skipped.
Wii U was the only console of any brand that I bought at launch.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#18
Joey-Zaza posted...
Name some of the worst N64 games ever created:

Milo's Astro Lanes!
Iggy's Wrecking Ball
Chopper Attack

I think the silliest part of this list is that it doesn't include Superman 64.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: NintendoLover25

NintendoLover25
3 years ago#19
I'm also a fan of the N64 but I was never into the FPS genre even then, I didn't just change my mind because Nintendo doesn't do it (not that I bash it, it has many fans and is clearly good for that reason). I did love the multiplayer focus though, and I'm glad the Wii U has such a large focus on local multiplayer which I prefer over online. I do understand why others would be disappointed in the lack of online since they want to play with people without having to go to their house, but I don't share the feeling.

User Info: GeorgeSearsR4S

GeorgeSearsR4S
3 years ago#20
PSX and the N64 where a tie for me had a lot of fun on both consoles. But this generation will be WiiU and PC only for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Were WiiU fans N64 fans also?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived