Wtf is up with Nintendo naming some of their first party games after the Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wtf is up with Nintendo naming some of their first party games after the Wii U?

User Info: SuigintouEV

SuigintouEV
3 years ago#11
thasnipermaster posted...
The Last of Us PS4

Like that won't be called something silly like "The Last of Us High-er-definitionedition
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II

User Info: Izraeil

Izraeil
3 years ago#12
That's how Nintendo has always done it. And since they've been making the same games for 3 decades it makes sense.

User Info: FooFighters25

FooFighters25
3 years ago#13
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64
Starfox 64
Wave Race 64

Just to name a few...
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken

User Info: picano

picano
3 years ago#14
Terminatoor7 posted...
picano posted...
Guess you missed the 64 and DS?

And I guess you missed GCN and Wii.

Or you know... I was pointing out examples where Nintendo (and virtually every third party) used the name of the console in the game.

Also, while Wii wasn't as bad most of the time --- there was the Wii series of games (sports, music).
3D and catgirls! : http://picanogfx.unotaku.com/

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
3 years ago#15
They have done this since the SNES. Super, Advance, 64, Wii, DS, 3D.
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4

User Info: Terminatoor7

Terminatoor7
3 years ago#16
picano posted...
Terminatoor7 posted...
picano posted...

Or you know... I was pointing out examples where Nintendo (and virtually every third party) used the name of the console in the game.

Also, while Wii wasn't as bad most of the time --- there was the Wii series of games (sports, music).

I know what you were meaning. My point was that there were no games with GCN/ Gamecube on their names and as for Wii, sure there were a few of Wii games that had the consoles name on their titles but none of the main franchises had it.
PSN: Terminatoor7. JPSN Account: reddo_desu.
"Wrongamundo, little nobody!" ~Doopliss.

User Info: thasnipermaster

thasnipermaster
3 years ago#17
Nobody has answered the question, I know they have done this for a long time...

I said in the bloody damn topic title, wtf is up with Nintendo naming games after the Wii U, because this is the Wii U board. The question is WHY does Nintendo name their games after their consoles? They are the only ones to do this, and I personally find it stupid and annoying, give the games some good names for christ sakes.
Im opposite of a care bear

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
3 years ago#18
Terminatoor7 posted...
picano posted...
Terminatoor7 posted...
picano posted...

I know what you were meaning. My point was that there were no games with GCN/ Gamecube on their names and as for Wii, sure there were a few of Wii games that had the consoles name on their titles but none of the main franchises had it.

Mario Kart Wii... also known as the best selling racing game of all-time.
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4

User Info: phoenixashes88

phoenixashes88
3 years ago#19
Stanger5150 posted...
They have done this since the SNES. Super, Advance, 64, Wii, DS, 3D.

Yea pretty much this. It's just something they have always done, I think it's possible with Super NES it was to differentiate between the NES and SNES but going forward they kinda kept it that way for the most part maybe to differentiate between what is a DS and 3DS title and what is a Wii and Wii U title. But I can't say for sure

User Info: abbyhitter

abbyhitter
3 years ago#20
- Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. 4 Nintendo 3DS
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wtf is up with Nintendo naming some of their first party games after the Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived