This racism nonsense is ridiculous

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. This racism nonsense is ridiculous

User Info: Steel_Shadows

Steel_Shadows
3 years ago#31
Zellio2014 posted...
Is Vyers black or just your typical SJW with white guilt?

... Why is it that the only reason a white person can be a "social justice warrior" is if they have "white guilt"? Is it seriously that hard to believe that a white person thinks there should be more non-white people in games because it's the right thing to do?
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.

User Info: GPRailroad

GPRailroad
3 years ago#32
I'm black and while we still have to tread lightly in today's society, this whole thig ain't about ****. I'm pretty sure it's mainly disgustingly politically correct white people who are taking the time out of their day to force crap like this down America's throat and honestly believe they're doing us a favor. SMH.
Nickelodeon (n): An insult to TV animation; an embarrassment to mainstream cartoons since 2005.
Antonyms: Cartoon Network

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
3 years ago#33
NovaLevossida posted...
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
It's not that anyone's wanting a single black character in the game. It's more that there's not a single non-white character in it. You don't have to represent everyone, but after about three decades of making video games, they don't even have one such character to put in the game.

Anthony Higgs says Hi! http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Anthony_Higgs
Hell he was more important to the plot of Other M then the main character. Samus coulda ben easily removed, but without Anthony they all woulda died. So lets face it Nintendo thinks more of black men then they think of white women ;)

And how does his existence relate to Mario Kart's roster?

Kinda misread your posts a bit

One question though when people with black mii's select use their Mii does it make them white? If not there is representation in the game :D

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
3 years ago#34
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Kinda misread your posts a bit

It's cool.

One question though when people with black mii's select use their Mii does it make them white? If not there is representation in the game :D

I don't know. I just pick a side and argue whatever the topic of the week is. In all seriousness though, if Miis were at least at the level of the 360's avatars in terms of graphical quality, I could almost see that, but not really as they are.
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter

User Info: Zellio2014

Zellio2014
3 years ago#35
Steel_Shadows posted...
Zellio2014 posted...
Is Vyers black or just your typical SJW with white guilt?

... Why is it that the only reason a white person can be a "social justice warrior" is if they have "white guilt"? Is it seriously that hard to believe that a white person thinks there should be more non-white people in games because it's the right thing to do?

Only an SJW would just complain about things in games without a good reason for them. None of this is a good reason.

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
3 years ago#36
Buhu: I'm white and I buy Ninto games: If that makes me a racist/homophobic, So be it!
Grow up people!!!

User Info: pigkiller_77

pigkiller_77
3 years ago#37
SaltyBotz posted...
The problem is the only "human" looking characters represented by Nintendo are all White people. No other race/ethnicity is being represented. Mario, Luigi, Princess, Link, Zelda, Samus, etc they're all White.

Despite the fact Mario is white like me, I'm still not represented as I'm not Italian. This is stupid.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
3 years ago#38
SaltyBotz posted...
The problem is the only "human" looking characters represented by Nintendo are all White people. No other race/ethnicity is being represented. Mario, Luigi, Princess, Link, Zelda, Samus, etc they're all White.

Link and Zelda are not humans; They are Hylians

User Info: wh0_kn0ws

wh0_kn0ws
3 years ago#39
GPRailroad posted...
I'm black and while we still have to tread lightly in today's society, this whole thig ain't about ****. I'm pretty sure it's mainly disgustingly politically correct white people who are taking the time out of their day to force crap like this down America's throat and honestly believe they're doing us a favor. SMH.
it's simple. just be nice.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. This racism nonsense is ridiculous

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived