The majority won't believe this, but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The majority won't believe this, but...

User Info: chitowngamer85

chitowngamer85
3 years ago#51
EzioAuditore947 posted...
chitowngamer85 posted...
EzioAuditore947 posted...
chitowngamer85 posted...
I can't confirm most of what TC said with my source, but that Zelda U information is 100% correct. Nintendo is trying to finally show that the gamepad can be used in innovative ways.

As you play in 1st person, the gamepad shows a top down LTTP style game. Most of the gameplay is in 1st pperson, but some puzzles will require you to go back and forth. Thankfully, there are no motion controls of which to speak. I think they're mapping basic menu and item functions to the gamepad. From what I've heard, this game is actually pretty far along and a major reason Nintendo isn't abandoning the gamepad.

Wouldn't this render off screen play useless?.

Not sure exactly what you mean. Nintendo wants the gamepad for unique experiences like this. They didn't design it just to mirror the screen. They want to utilize the 2nd screen for new ways to play, which us what they're going for here.

If the pad shows a LttP style viewpoint, and the TV shows a first person view, how are you going to put both on the Gamepad when you want off screen play?. You can't.

There won't be "off screen play" . we never said there would be. The game will have 1st person on TV, top down on gamepad. You need to use both. Where's the confusion?
PSN/Nintendo: BigKurz
PS4/Wii U/PS3/Vita/3DS

User Info: player_three

player_three
3 years ago#52
I really don't like first person in anything other than fps's, so assuming this true I hope there's an option to play with the traditional pov.

User Info: cavebear56

cavebear56
3 years ago#53
HermeticJustice posted...
Dux_X posted...
they're keeping it very under wraps

so the game is about mummies?

I want a mummy game. Could be a survival horror game. Adventure game or a supernatural action game.

We need more Egyptian themed games...

=(
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.

User Info: Xenocrush

Xenocrush
3 years ago#54
How would a top down view work in a dungeon or cave where the ceiling is rendered on the TV in first person, but not rendered on the gamepad as it would obstruct the view of the character?. Wii U would have to render two different images in real time with all the bells and whistles such as lighting , anti aliasing, and high polygon count. It's like running two games on the system hardware at once. One version of Zelda on the TV, , and another on the gamepad using different visuals, just changing the camera angle for the Wii U controller wouldn't cut it. It's not that simple.

I can't see how this is possible on Wii U, and I don't think Nintendo would go for something so ambitious that is going to be a resource hog on the hardware. It's not like other Wii U games where you simply transfer the image from TV to Wii U controller, that is what the gamepad was designed for, simple off screen play, what you are describing is something different that requires a lot more power from the hardware.

User Info: SaltyBotz

SaltyBotz
3 years ago#55
I wouldn't mind a "first person" Zelda. It would play like one of the King's Field games.

I can only guess as to why Nintendo is doing that. Maybe they're trying to get COD players to play the new Zelda game, because its first person and all.

User Info: Dux_X

Dux_X
3 years ago#56
Xenocrush posted...
How would a top down view work in a dungeon or cave where the ceiling is rendered on the TV in first person, but not rendered on the gamepad as it would obstruct the view of the character?. Wii U would have to render two different images in real time with all the bells and whistles such as lighting , anti aliasing, and high polygon count. It's like running two games on the system hardware at once. One version of Zelda on the TV, , and another on the gamepad using different visuals, just changing the camera angle for the Wii U controller wouldn't cut it. It's not that simple.

I can't see how this is possible on Wii U, and I don't think Nintendo would go for something so ambitious that is going to be a resource hog on the hardware. It's not like other Wii U games where you simply transfer the image from TV to Wii U controller, that is what the gamepad was designed for, simple off screen play, what you are describing is something different that requires a lot more power from the hardware.

I'm guessing it'll be similar to W101. We'll see it at E3 and find out then.
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)

User Info: S_K_F

S_K_F
3 years ago#57
Xenocrush posted...

Just make it so that the ceiling is invisible when viewed from above, and visible when viewed from underneath. If you've ever played Donkey Kong 64's multiplayer, on the stage with the giant tree in the middle and a circular river around it, there's two secret rooms with doorways that do exactly this. (Thats the best example I have, sorry.)
"I fully expected RickRoll but holy crap, that video was amazing. OP delivers. Have the OP of the Year 2014 award." - georgethecow4

User Info: FruitPuddin

FruitPuddin
3 years ago#58
I pray Zelda gets turned to first-person, if just for the butthurt it would cause

User Info: soccerj75

soccerj75
3 years ago#59
LOL stopped reading after Zelda U will be first person..Too funny xD
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The majority won't believe this, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived