• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down in Japan (and Worldwide?) May 20

User Info: waywardSavior

waywardSavior
6 years ago#51
I don't think this will have much impact on pokemon hacking, or at least through gts. You connect to non nintendo servers to download edited pokemon, and I'm sure some sort of community will continue on through this. You'll just have to edit your connection settings to the private server and you're still good to go.

User Info: Spiroth_Kweehh

Spiroth_Kweehh
6 years ago#52
MasterDarken posted...
notmudkip posted...
Typical greedy game companies.

Except Nintendo is not greedy and never has been. Stop confusing NINTENDO with MICROSOFT. It's embarrassing to the Gamer Nation.

lolwat?

1) Nintendo forced developers to release their games only on NES and SNES outside of Japan, just because they owned the Market Share outside Japan with the NES.
(Then, they lost it when the SNES lost to Genesis/Mega Drive, and never came back).

2) Alongside the above, Nintendo also bullied major gaming retail stores worldwide to only promote their consoles and hide the competing ones, and also bullied developers to not approve western release of their games, if they didn't censor certain parts.

3) First relevant Region-Locked Handheld gaming system of all time.

4) Hardware-based online transactions. Lose your DS? Break your DS? REBUY software!

5) Shuts down online services for DS and Wii. No, not just their software, but also 3rd Party software that their companies may not have wanted to shut their services down (Tachunoko vs Capcom and The Last Strory for example).
This is even worse because both the DS and the Wii are backward's compatible to the 3DS and the WiiU, which makes it blatantly obvious that Nintendo is ditching its fans, just so their new games get some traffic.
It will backpedal in the long run.

Protip: Close down your 1st Party software's individual servers. NOT the whole systems servers, affecting my precious "The Last Story-like" games.

smh.
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world

User Info: Holloweaver

Holloweaver
6 years ago#53
so no more online conduit anymore for me? damn...

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
6 years ago#54
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
MasterDarken posted...
notmudkip posted...

Except Nintendo is not greedy and never has been. Stop confusing NINTENDO with MICROSOFT. It's embarrassing to the Gamer Nation.

lolwat?

1) Nintendo forced developers to release their games only on NES and SNES outside of Japan, just because they owned the Market Share outside Japan with the NES.
(Then, they lost it when the SNES lost to Genesis/Mega Drive, and never came back).

2) First relevant Region-Locked Handheld gaming system of all time.

3) Hardware-based online transactions. Lose your DS? Break your DS? REBUY software!

4) Shuts down online services for DS and Wii. No, not just their software, but also 3rd Party software that their companies may not have wanted to shut their services down (Tachunoko vs Capcom and The Last Strory for example).

SNES beat Mega Drive btw...
Have to own a system to not say anything good about it. But to call it bad and attack its fans? Don't even need to try it. That's DoubleStandardsFAQs

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
6 years ago#55
Well thank you Nintendo for making all my DS games useless. This happened way too early.
PSN & NNID: darkus_f 3DS: 0447-5073-6549
NP: Pokemon Y (FS Pumpkaboo Lampent Dusclops), Dragon Age O, Mass Effect 2

User Info: RoboXgp89

RoboXgp89
6 years ago#56
I got the Nintendo caters to low income vibe here yesterday

lol, funny how that turned out

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
6 years ago#57
darkus_f posted...
Well thank you Nintendo for making all my DS games useless. This happened way too early.

DS games are online only?
Well I didn't know that.
Have to own a system to not say anything good about it. But to call it bad and attack its fans? Don't even need to try it. That's DoubleStandardsFAQs

User Info: Spiroth_Kweehh

Spiroth_Kweehh
6 years ago#58
squatch22 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
MasterDarken posted...
notmudkip posted...

lolwat?

2) First relevant Region-Locked Handheld gaming system of all time.

3) Hardware-based online transactions. Lose your DS? Break your DS? REBUY software!

4) Shuts down online services for DS and Wii. No, not just their software, but also 3rd Party software that their companies may not have wanted to shut their services down (Tachunoko vs Capcom and The Last Strory for example).

SNES beat Mega Drive btw...

This was supposed to say "Then, they lost it when the SNES lost it to Genesis/Mega Drive, and never came back.

It = Market Share.

The Market Share never returned.
(NES had sold 62 Million, almost 50 Million more than Master System).
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world

User Info: DoomsSD

DoomsSD
6 years ago#59
Welp. Well it's been fun, Wii Online. It is a genuine shame that the Mario Kart and Goldeneye communities are going to end for Wii as those are two games I've played that had a real shelf life. Every once in a while I like to play MW3 and Black Ops as well, better have a weekend or two on them before the switch goes off.

But I can see the intelligence in Nintendo doing this. The Wii has long been on life support for too long and needs to be ultimately retired. I know of a couple of Wii U online games that will benefit from this...

Edit- found this list of the games it will affect-

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/vyWpoM6CBIe6FjW8NIY7bvzOrgBURhzw

GE and CoDs aren't on it...
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
http://i.imgur.com/k4HdivZ.gif

User Info: DoomsSD

DoomsSD
6 years ago#60
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gameslist/games-wifi.jsp

Found that list. Everything is there. Oh well.
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
http://i.imgur.com/k4HdivZ.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down in Japan (and Worldwide?) May 20
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A