What genres should Nintendo make new games/ips for?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What genres should Nintendo make new games/ips for?

User Info: Umitencho

Umitencho
4 years ago#1
Which Genre? - Results (110 votes)
Adventure
16.36% (18 votes)
Fighting
1.82% (2 votes)
FPS
20.91% (23 votes)
Platformer
1.82% (2 votes)
RPG
34.55% (38 votes)
Simulator
2.73% (3 votes)
Sports
3.64% (4 votes)
Strategy
6.36% (7 votes)
Survival Horror
10% (11 votes)
Other
1.82% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I would like to see more RPGs being that is my fav genre.

User Info: Umitencho

Umitencho
4 years ago#2
Not shocked the FPS is getting votes. I guess FPS is the new kiddy genre.

User Info: MichaelS91

MichaelS91
4 years ago#3
Need some sports games. Sega compensated (very well) when ea took their sports games away, don't see why Nintendo cant do the same, though they'd just plonk marios face on it.
NNID: stretfordender91
PSN: m-smith1991

User Info: sharinagin

sharinagin
4 years ago#4
Umitencho posted...

You're right, there was no appeal to the FPS genre before the 360 and PS3. Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Unreal, Hexen, Heretic, Half-Life, Goldeneye, or Perfect Dark certainly weren't popular games or anything. But ya know, them FPS kiddies today. Get off my lawn, stinkin kids!
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.

User Info: ZeroArchery

ZeroArchery
4 years ago#5
They have a game in every genre. Rather than make a "new IP" (which is just reskinning an existing IP-- Seriously. Mario Sunshine with an original character at the protagonist would be a new IP to people) just make use of the almost hundred IPs they have. Might be more than 100 now.
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua

User Info: VeiledGenesis

VeiledGenesis
4 years ago#6
sharinagin posted...
Umitencho posted...

You're right, there was no appeal to the FPS genre before the 360 and PS3. Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Unreal, Hexen, Heretic, Half-Life, Goldeneye, or Perfect Dark certainly weren't popular games or anything. But ya know, them FPS kiddies today. Get off my lawn, stinkin kids!

The best part of this is that GoldenEye and Perfect Dark were both Nintendo console FPS games, and were some of the best-selling at the time. But yeah, FPS is for kiddies and dudebros.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

User Info: darkbuster

darkbuster
4 years ago#7
MichaelS91 posted...
Need some sports games. Sega compensated (very well) when ea took their sports games away, don't see why Nintendo cant do the same, though they'd just plonk marios face on it.

Nintendo already has sports games they could use such as 1080, Wave Race, & NBA Courtside. The one genre they truly lack is an FPS, where they closest thing they have is Metroid Prime, & it's only in the rigid minimal requirement that you shoot things in a first person view; the rest of the game follows an exploration based action adventure structure that is similar to Zelda, the same as Metroid has traditionally done.
Remember kids, it's only an RPG until someone gets hit with a meteor; Then it's a JRPG!
SSBB: 3869 0521 7142

User Info: ThunderPotato

ThunderPotato
4 years ago#8
Nintendo already did Geist and the Metroid Prime games. They don't need more FPS.

A MOBA could work on Wii U an they certainly have the characters for it, but the communities from LoL and DOTA2 kind of put me off of that idea.

Maybe their own Platinum styled action game? If they don't want to invest in a new IP, maybe FZero or something, Captain Falcon would work. Not like they're ever going to make another racing one :(
I love you.

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
4 years ago#9
I went with simulation. Be interested in what would happen if Nintendo made a sim of any sort.
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: lizard81288

lizard81288
4 years ago#10
I think Nintendo is pretty good on RPGs. I'd Like to see Fighting, FPS, Survival Horror and Strategy (Like those Samurai games Sega Makes). Nintendo only has a few or none in these categories. The only "Fighting" game Nintendo has is arguably Smash Bros.
I hate people in general.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/NPC/index/
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What genres should Nintendo make new games/ips for?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived