The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is there a reason Nintendo doesn't put effort into remakes?

User Info: Genius_Sage

Genius_Sage
6 years ago#1
Like they don't reimagine things? I guess I'm use to other series where remakes add new twists in the story, new characters, bonus dungeons. Or how about Zelda dev teams doing something else, like a Kid Icarus game or something? I would literally lose my mind doing Zelda game after Zelda game.

I just think Nintendo sometimes doesn't really push themselves. They don't have to I guess, there will be people who will buy up anything and everything as we are in the zombie consumer age where the customer is essentially a happy serve to the corporations.

I keep thinking back to where Nintendo threatened to kill of the Fire Emblem franchise to make IS get its ass into gear and make a really good one. WHY didn't they do this from the beginning? It's not a concern of money because from what I understand the big wigs didn't tell the team "Here is some cash, make a damn good FE game or it's through." They just said "If FE keeps doing badly it's through" the team then said "Oooh ****! we have to do make this one damn good!" But why aren't we getting this attitude in the first place? Why are higher ups signing off on crap like Shadow Dragon and Sticker Star?

Why does Nintendo waste time remaking Wind Waker with a graphics boost and just fixing problems that should have been fixed before the original title shipped? Add some extra dungeons, add the damn Tetra mini game, add some extra weapons, add a damn flash back with Ganondorf backstory, the fall of Hyrule flash backs etc. Don't just give us the same damn game.

I don't know, sometimes they get it right like with Pikmin 3 but other times it's like they just do whatever the hell they want and hope things work out. Don't see why they would release the Wii U EXACTLY how they released the 3DS even though the 3DS was a slow burn success, with the Wii U to release so soon after that risk, why make the same mistake? It's like they didn't learn anything. I just don't understand.

http://www.palzoo.net/file/pic/gallery/1311_view.jpg
FC - 4639-8953-6150

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
6 years ago#2
Supposedly the director/producer of the last few Zeldas since Ocarina has gotten tired of the formula and has decided to completely change/mix it up for the next release while keeping it recognizable.

I can't wait to see.
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

User Info: Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
6 years ago#3
They maximize profits this way, since people will buy it regardless. Look at Ocarina of Time 3D, it sold over 3 million and it's pretty much the same game.

And why are you mentioning Kid Icarus and Pikmin 3? Those aren't remakes, they are entirely new games.
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg

User Info: Genius_Sage

Genius_Sage
6 years ago#4
Tsutarja495 posted...
They maximize profits this way, since people will buy it regardless. Look at Ocarina of Time 3D, it sold over 3 million and it's pretty much the same game.

And why are you mentioning Kid Icarus and Pikmin 3? Those aren't remakes, they are entirely new games.

It kind of just degraded into a mini rant of their attitude with things in general. But yeah you're right, they have nothing to do with the main point. It was just related to lack of effort and trying different things like Zelda team working on a Kid Icarus game or something.
FC - 4639-8953-6150

User Info: R_Hunter

R_Hunter
6 years ago#5
"And it was with bitter irony that the TC was informed that Sticker Star was due to Nintendo wanting effort put into it...just not the sort that was appreciated by the fans."
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
6 years ago#6
Tsutarja495 posted...

I forget who, but someone has a sig explaining just that.
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: Mobius1Rising

Mobius1Rising
6 years ago#7
i thimk the whole wind waker debate is just silly now.its like flogging a dead donkey.or a broken down record player.just wait till its official.
My favourite game is Okami.im also a fan of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series,& Ace combat.my favourite female characters are Leifang Momiji & Samus.

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
6 years ago#8
Here's a possible reason: Nintendo's focusing more of their effort into the next new Zelda game, and they thought that in the meantime, just to try and fill the gap in between their scarce games, they'd use some of their resources to remake Wind Waker. Any new ideas would have been reserved for the newest Zelda game.

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
6 years ago#9
Genius_Sage posted...
Like they don't reimagine things? I guess I'm use to other series where remakes add new twists in the story, new characters, bonus dungeons

That would not be a remake... that would be a new game then...
Only thing that should be changed in a remake should be whats needed to get it running properly. If they want to add an extra mode where they shake things up that is fine, but the base game changes should be minimal.

User Info: P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
6 years ago#10
Nintendo rebuilt the game. They didn't just upres it or replace the textures like other HD "remakes".
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is there a reason Nintendo doesn't put effort into remakes?
  • Topic Archived