"It is only 50 Dollars More" Argument.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. "It is only 50 Dollars More" Argument.

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
5 years ago#131
CyricsServant posted...
^
The issue isn't whether a slight graphical upgrade will revolutionize the industry; the issue is whether a certain system is worth its asking price when its peers (arguably) provide significantly more for an additional $50-100.

Yes, I'm sure the the Wii U will have first party games that will be very good. Does that justify the system being sold at a premium? I'm sure the Xbone and the PS4 will have 3rd party games and first party games, that won't appear on the Wii U, that will also be very good. On that basis, the argument that "Nintendo systems should cost more because they play Nintendo games" doesn't fly with me. Especially when there are very few good Nintendo games currently released for the system.

Perfectly reasonable. However, the reason the system costs more is because it uses innovation that other consoles do not use. It's not being sold at a premium -- it's cheaper than the other two consoles -- but it is somewhat comparatively expensive as it's a next generation console.

Xboned will have barely any exclusives, let alone exclusives that aren't FPS and halfway decent.

PS4 will probably put up a good fight, having a lot of great games to choose from that don't appear elsewhere.

However, both will pale in comparison to PC gaming on a number of levels, and don't really offer any special innovation to set them apart. The Wii U will have a very large first party library, and the Wii U will have have innovation that really can't be copied. This is what sets it out for me, and makes me personally want to buy it instead of, say, PS4.

Though, I'd be more likely to buy no console at all than buy a PS4. It's not because I dislike the system, but rather, because I don't see the need in buying consoles anymore. Wii U is the only thing standing in the way of that belief.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: MushroomMuncher

MushroomMuncher
5 years ago#132
I'm suprised no one has mentioned Xbox One yet...

500$ console with forced Kinect and Pay to Play online For The....Win?

*Dodges Gunfire*

User Info: Reece504

Reece504
5 years ago#133
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
PangLa posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
PangLa posted...
TC, forgot to mention that you need to buy an external hard drive to match the PS4's HDD which is at least $50.

"Nintendo Products are always a better value"
Funny you say that, when there's almost no 1st party or 3rd party games out right now.

Wii U + game + online = $350
+ 500GB USB (luxury) = $400

PS4 + 500GB = $400
+ game = $460
+ online (one year) = $510

Lol, you count Nintendo Land as a game, but not PS+? That's not fair. Drive Club will be free day 1 and there will be a free game every month.

Wii U + game + online + 500GB = $400
PS4 + 500GB + PS+ = $450

It is only 50 dollars more.

Wii U has Rayman, Tankx3, and Zen Pinball for free without a subscription fee

Don't try to spin facts to fit your agenda

Spin facts? lol you listed 3 demos rayman is a challenge app, tank tank tank you have to buy atleast one map in order to unlock it and zen pinball will end unless you buy a pinball machine.
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez

Reece504
5 years ago#134
LordBowser posted...
CyricsServant posted...
^
The issue isn't whether a slight graphical upgrade will revolutionize the industry; the issue is whether a certain system is worth its asking price when its peers (arguably) provide significantly more for an additional $50-100.

Yes, I'm sure the the Wii U will have first party games that will be very good. Does that justify the system being sold at a premium? I'm sure the Xbone and the PS4 will have 3rd party games and first party games, that won't appear on the Wii U, that will also be very good. On that basis, the argument that "Nintendo systems should cost more because they play Nintendo games" doesn't fly with me. Especially when there are very few good Nintendo games currently released for the system.

Perfectly reasonable. However, the reason the system costs more is because it uses innovation that other consoles do not use. It's not being sold at a premium -- it's cheaper than the other two consoles -- but it is somewhat comparatively expensive as it's a next generation console.

Xboned will have barely any exclusives, let alone exclusives that aren't FPS and halfway decent.

PS4 will probably put up a good fight, having a lot of great games to choose from that don't appear elsewhere.

However, both will pale in comparison to PC gaming on a number of levels, and don't really offer any special innovation to set them apart. The Wii U will have a very large first party library, and the Wii U will have have innovation that really can't be copied. This is what sets it out for me, and makes me personally want to buy it instead of, say, PS4.

Though, I'd be more likely to buy no console at all than buy a PS4. It's not because I dislike the system, but rather, because I don't see the need in buying consoles anymore. Wii U is the only thing standing in the way of that belief.

you do know as of now xboxone has more exclusives than ps4 at least right now

Reece504
5 years ago#135
SlimeSwayze posted...
It really boils down to the fact that the Wii U, while the cheaper system, is easily the worse value. Right now I'd say it is one of the absolute worst values based on its price than I've seen from a console since the turn of the millennium. Even the pricing nightmare of the PS3 was somewhat excused by the fact that it was one of the best and cheapest blu-ray players available at the time. The Wii U offers nothing to justify its price, in terms of hardware or software, and that's the problem.

it has gamepad and off screen play Wooooooooooooo lol

User Info: Neo_Heartless

Neo_Heartless
5 years ago#136
QlJGamer posted...
I will first start off by saying that the Wii U and Nintendo Products are always a better value than PlayStation products, Playstation is getting closer with their video game rental services PS+, But nothing can top Nintendo in value.

No. You cannot say that because that is your Subjective opinion. People are not a hivemind and do, in fact, see different value in different things.

The PlayStation 4 being priced at 399.99 will not hurt the Wii U in no way possible. First if you think that the gimped version of the PlayStation 4 will beat the best version of the Wii U, you would be wrong.

Not hurt in no way possible is a double negative. Also the sales of the WiiU are so low I doubt we'd see any potential impact unless the sales pick up.

In 2006 when the Wii was released at 249.99 the 299.99 Xbox Core did not effect the Wii sales, because the lowest common factor SKU is never an important consideration.

The PlayStation 4 SKU that is 399.99 will offer no game or Camera devices? Who here is really getting the standard edition??? And if you do what you going to play just Drive Club (Which will be horrid)

Irrelevent. The Wii both had its own audience and shared the spotlight as a secondary gaming device. The motion controls made it the must have accessory when it came out.

All that matters to the consumer is that the Wii U is cheaper. Wii U has cheaper games also. Almost Every PlayStation 4 game is 59.99.

The only part of your reassurance topic that makes sense. It's all about the games and how much you think they are worth. The WiiU has not sold because it lacks games. They are coming though.
[Wubeth Intensifies]

User Info: Lightborne

Lightborne
5 years ago#137
DiscostewSM posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
Wii sold a lot when it was $50 less. Wii U isn't selling at all when it's $50 less. Not sure what the point of this topic is.

Wii was selling against a device also out. PS4 isn't out yet. For all we know, PS4 could sell as many or even less than Wii U when it does release.

Gamestop ran out of preorders that saida somethinf

User Info: nb003_99

nb003_99
5 years ago#138
"I will first start off by saying that the Wii U and Nintendo Products are always a better value than PlayStation products"

Depends on what you value.....

User Info: YamiYugi4400

YamiYugi4400
5 years ago#139
LordBowser posted...
IloveElite posted...
But.... the PS4 has VASTLY better hardware..

If you can have both thats great, but if you can only afford a Wii U OR a PS4 then, sorry but it would be crazy to buy the Wii U and I say that as a Wii U owner.

How is it 'vastly better' hardware? Because it has slightly better graphics processing? Does that really matter? No, really, think about it. Does a slight edge in graphics really matter that much over innovation, and creativity, when the end results are two consoles that have, for the most part, similar output?

On second thought, don't bother responding to this. Or don't expect me to respond to you, at least. This argument is so old, it's been going on since the Wii days, and I'm tired of trying to explain the same thing day in, day out. So instead, I'll say this: Make up your own d*** mind. If graphics are the only thing that matter to you, I suggest a gaming PC. It is a vastly better piece of hardware with actual noticeable differences.

It also has 4x the ram since i think the ps4 has 8 GB's

Wii u only has 2
Exodia - Obliterate!!!

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
5 years ago#140
TC, if your OP had any more blatant generalizations, it would be a blanket.

DiscostewSM posted...
SexPantherPanda posted...
Wiisurance Topic Number 420

"Hey everyone! This guy is trying to say something positive about the Wii U. Let's beat him to a pulp because we say Nintendo and positivity don't go together!"

"Beat him to a pulp"? Calm down, drama queen.

I'll make you a deal. How about, every time there's negative news about the Wii U, none of you poop your pants, and every time there's positive news, none of you jump on it calling it Wiisurance?

Wait a second... that's a deal I would make with adults capable of controlling themselves and participating in rational conversation.

Never mind. Deal off.
7/11/13: I just got modded for flaming a hypothetical character I made up in my head.
XD -- This site has officially reached new heights.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. "It is only 50 Dollars More" Argument.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived