"It is only 50 Dollars More" Argument.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. "It is only 50 Dollars More" Argument.

User Info: QlJGamer

QlJGamer
4 years ago#111
Gamers proud and joy seem to be the PlayStation 4.... But get out the hype, first of all monthly pay to play games online is stupid and I do not see myself doing it anytime soon.

PlayStation 4 is a gamer's wetdream but the market is different now. Yeah gaming is our hobby but it is still not mainstream as much as the gaming industy makes it look. The are more people who wouldn't even care if the PS4 doesn't launch. People are clueless to gaming...

When it comes to the Wii U versus PlayStation 4. The Wii U has a lot going for it, Its has it own idenity,unique games. The Ps4 is a mid range pc it does nothing the xbox one cant do and wii u can not do waterdown. Its not about power, I do not need bigger PS3 games. The ps4 underwhelming and very safe of sony. It offers nothing new only certain things a little better. Xbox One & Wii U both offer NEW experiences to gameplay. This in is not the same industry games cost millions to make on current gen. I can not see one ps4 game that couldn't be done on a PC or PS3.
Quite Intelligent Judging!

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
4 years ago#112
IloveElite posted...
But.... the PS4 has VASTLY better hardware..

If you can have both thats great, but if you can only afford a Wii U OR a PS4 then, sorry but it would be crazy to buy the Wii U and I say that as a Wii U owner.

How is it 'vastly better' hardware? Because it has slightly better graphics processing? Does that really matter? No, really, think about it. Does a slight edge in graphics really matter that much over innovation, and creativity, when the end results are two consoles that have, for the most part, similar output?

On second thought, don't bother responding to this. Or don't expect me to respond to you, at least. This argument is so old, it's been going on since the Wii days, and I'm tired of trying to explain the same thing day in, day out. So instead, I'll say this: Make up your own d*** mind. If graphics are the only thing that matter to you, I suggest a gaming PC. It is a vastly better piece of hardware with actual noticeable differences.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: CyricsServant

CyricsServant
4 years ago#113
^
The issue isn't whether a slight graphical upgrade will revolutionize the industry; the issue is whether a certain system is worth its asking price when its peers (arguably) provide significantly more for an additional $50-100.

Yes, I'm sure the the Wii U will have first party games that will be very good. Does that justify the system being sold at a premium? I'm sure the Xbone and the PS4 will have 3rd party games and first party games, that won't appear on the Wii U, that will also be very good. On that basis, the argument that "Nintendo systems should cost more because they play Nintendo games" doesn't fly with me. Especially when there are very few good Nintendo games currently released for the system.

User Info: _Sovereign_

_Sovereign_
4 years ago#114
PsienceWins posted...
What are you talking about TC? There is only 1 version of the PS4. No one cares about that stupid camera. Games on PS4 are $60, same as most Wii U games. No one I know got a bundle and most people I know are getting at least 2 games at launch.

The PS4 doesn't hurt the Wii U because they are marketed towards different groups. Gamers and people who want to play Mario.

....Those are the same groups, or did I miss something?

Sorry, but I can't take any "gamer" seriously if they can't enjoy light-hearted fun and pure, unadulterated humor.
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
4 years ago#115
DiscostewSM posted...
SexPantherPanda posted...
Wiisurance Topic Number 420

"Hey everyone! This guy is trying to say something positive about the Wii U. Let's beat him to a pulp because we say Nintendo and positivity don't go together!"

"But they can Boris."

"Shutup!"

Hes not saying anything positive about the wii, simply being negative about everything else:p
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul

User Info: Nether_Ruler

Nether_Ruler
4 years ago#116
DiscostewSM posted...
Wii was selling against a device also out. PS4 isn't out yet. For all we know, PS4 could sell as many or even less than Wii U when it does release.

Hardcore Nintendo fans are going to be in for a rude awakening after this holiday season.
Powdered Toast Man

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
4 years ago#117
_Sovereign_ posted...
PsienceWins posted...
What are you talking about TC? There is only 1 version of the PS4. No one cares about that stupid camera. Games on PS4 are $60, same as most Wii U games. No one I know got a bundle and most people I know are getting at least 2 games at launch.

The PS4 doesn't hurt the Wii U because they are marketed towards different groups. Gamers and people who want to play Mario.

....Those are the same groups, or did I miss something?

Sorry, but I can't take any "gamer" seriously if they can't enjoy light-hearted fun and pure, unadulterated humor.

i cant take any gamer serious if he feels you should like anything he likes. if someone likes the cartoon games fine, if they dont like them fine, but there are no games you have to like or enjoy if you're a gamer. if playing games is a hobby of yours, then you're a gamer. let the dorks argue about hardcore and all that other nonsense.

but no sony and microsoft view each other as competition, not nintendo, nintendo does their own thing and thats great, but they do market to a different crowd.

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
4 years ago#118
First off, no one wants a god damn camera, no one. second how do you know Driver Club won't be good? the previews look good especially for a free game.

Nintendo has to lower the price at least to 299$ i am sure they will closer to when PS4 and the Xbone come out. They should do it sooner then later tho try to sell more units before they come out.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

User Info: funguy2233

funguy2233
4 years ago#119
geneticsftw posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Games that will be free on PS4 and don't require PS+ to play online since F2P won't require it for online

-Planetside 2
-Dust 514
-DC universe
-Warframe
-Blacklight: Retribution

Then if you get PS+ you get the following free

Driveclub=Cut down version
Don't Starve
Outlast
Secret Ponchos

And if you cancel ps+ you lose free
Driveclub=Cut down version
Don't Starve
Outlast
Secret Ponchos

PS+ is required to play online on the ps4 so you only lose those games if you don't want to play online anymore. You're basically getting free games for playing online on the ps4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfH-uTQbxCk

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 years ago#120
Don't try to spin facts to fit your agenda

good advice

you should take it
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. "It is only 50 Dollars More" Argument.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived