• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. This is a bad year for Nintendo.

User Info: Umitencho

Umitencho
6 years ago#1
The WiiU's lack of hardware sales caused by the lack of games that has Third Party that were supposed to supposedly have made a better relationship with Nintendo this gen(thus showing that E3 has become an expensive crap party of half truths) abandoning the system and writing off the hardware specs when its the small install base that is keeping them from porting or making new IPs for Nintendo.

Nintendo's WiiU is caught into a catch-22 that won't be solved possibility until August meaning May, June, and July are gonna have dreadful hardware sale numbers.

---
Then this LP situation.

Nintendo was just better off doing nothing about LPers. Even though what they done was better than just banning and closing their property from being shown by unauthorized youtubers, again they should of done nothing. If they wanted money off of this, then charge a yearly cheap fee. $1 a year.

What is gonna happen is that we are gonna see who was in it for the money and who was in it to play and enjoy games while sharing it to everyone.

Some who were not making money off of their LPs might just quit or change consoles out of disgust.

Personally I find the whole youtube LP market bloated. As soon as it became possible to get any money through video game playthroughs on youtube, the field got flooded.

Besides I use adblock anyway. Ads are annoying, very very annoying.

---

Nintendo needs to start becoming the Nintendo of old and stop acting like pre-1983 crash Atari.

As in like they brought third parties into the fold, they should treat LPers with some respect, even if by legal standards they don't deserve it.

---

Nintendo needs to retake its progressive stance on gaming and start kicking butt. As I said before, current third party have left you? Use your money to create incentives for the Fourth Party(aka independent devs) to make games for the WiiU, maybe even create classes to teach these people how to handle the WiiU tech when making games for it.

Yes you are all about quality, then create and hire a board of members to approve or unapproved games for release on Nintendo systems. You could even make it community based approval if needed.

This is just turning out to be a really bad year for Nintendo.

User Info: SpidermanThread

SpidermanThread
6 years ago#2
If they can release quality franchises seen on SNES I'm good. Though we'll likely never see Earthbound. That would sell tons. The next Mario 3D too.

Umitencho
6 years ago#3
SpidermanThread posted...
If they can release quality franchises seen on SNES I'm good. Though we'll likely never see Earthbound. That would sell tons. The next Mario 3D too.

They have money printers just collecting dust. Its sad.

User Info: M DAMAGE

M DAMAGE
6 years ago#4
Let's not forget Nintendo's horrendous mismanaging of some awesome games. There are publishers out there who would kill to have a solid IP like Xenoblade Chronicles. It is probably the best JRPG of this generation hands down. I know JRPGs sucked this gen overall, but XC is a really great game.

What did nintendo do with it? Pretty much never released it in certain areas and then when they finally did, it was like they just **** it out without a care in the world. Too little too late and it probably sold like crap thanks to them.

User Info: sunK1D

sunK1D
6 years ago#5
TBH, this is what the "trolls" have been saying all along. I don't expect all fanboys to realize on the same day the things that have been wrong with Nintendo for a while now. But surely every day a fanboy "wakes up." This is good for Nintendo in general though since nothing speaks louder than $$ or in this case lack thereof.
Real life Claire Redfield, where are you?

User Info: laxnd23

laxnd23
6 years ago#6
Nintendo needs to essentially copy the online infrastructure of Sony or Microsoft. Preferably Microsoft's it tends to get better reviews for quality.

They need to find some way to combine creativity and power. The Wii U is a great console. I may have said I kinda want it to fail, but that wasn't because I don't like the Wii U (in fact I'm saving up to buy one once some more games are released), but rather I think Nintendo needs a huge wake up call, and that would definitely be it. But the Wii U is dramatically underpowered for being a next gen system. Considering up until this gen, generations have been marked by an increase of power, the Wii U seems to be a next gen console in timing only, and not in power which was the traditional determining factor.

They need to lose some dignity and bow down to third parties. Nintendo systems cannot forever survive without them.

If they do those things, Nintendo will be fine.
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF

User Info: SpidermanThread

SpidermanThread
6 years ago#7
I want me some F-Zero and Starfox WiiU :-(

Umitencho
6 years ago#8
sunK1D posted...
TBH, this is what the "trolls" have been saying all along. I don't expect all fanboys to realize on the same day the things that have been wrong with Nintendo for a while now. But surely every day a fanboy "wakes up." This is good for Nintendo in general though since nothing speaks louder than $$ or in this case lack thereof.

I have been saying a lot of this stuff for a while. I just fight with some "trolls" because they are just trolling, bashing with little substance like the thread about Sony's profit margins.

laxnd23 posted...
Nintendo needs to essentially copy the online infrastructure of Sony or Microsoft. Preferably Microsoft's it tends to get better reviews for quality.

They need to find some way to combine creativity and power. The Wii U is a great console. I may have said I kinda want it to fail, but that wasn't because I don't like the Wii U (in fact I'm saving up to buy one once some more games are released), but rather I think Nintendo needs a huge wake up call, and that would definitely be it. But the Wii U is dramatically underpowered for being a next gen system. Considering up until this gen, generations have been marked by an increase of power, the Wii U seems to be a next gen console in timing only, and not in power which was the traditional determining factor.

They need to lose some dignity and bow down to third parties. Nintendo systems cannot forever survive without them.

If they do those things, Nintendo will be fine.

I'd say borrow but not copy. Xbox is becoming more about being about a multimedia device than a gaming one. Nintendo can have all of the under powered consoles it wants, what it should do then is use its financial power to bring in content creators rather than hope that the current crop of third party's are gonna change gears. Sad about the third party market, Nintendo is what made it viable in the first place.

Umitencho
6 years ago#9
Bump.

User Info: AhnoldDood

AhnoldDood
6 years ago#10
Yup, a bad year. What with Mario Kart releasing at the end of it.

And lol with the LP crap again. They're making money off of Nintendo's IPs. Nintendo has every right to do something about it.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. This is a bad year for Nintendo.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers