• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did the 7th gen make nintendo arrogant?

User Info: msunshine

msunshine
7 years ago#1
They had the best handheld sales, best console sales, best selling software, best critically received first party games, made the most cash, have no debts, and caused sony and M$ to follow their lead.
Current playthrough: 67 stars. Bundled games are NOT games sold!

User Info: BonezWell

BonezWell
7 years ago#2
Seeing how they apologise in public, give good communication towards gamers in the form of Nintendo Directs and giving statements that they acknowlegde problems with Wii U and that they are working to solve it ASAP (update this month as the first step).... No, I don't believe so. I haven't seen anything which could make them arrogant honesty.
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
7 years ago#3
Oh no, they're still paying for what happened last time they got arrogant. Though they've been recovering, Nintendo's home consoles have yet to see the degree of 1st party support they had before the N64.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
7 years ago#4
They've ALWAYS been arrogant. Nintendo has always done their own thing and doesn't give a crap what the rest of the industry does or what developers want.

Remember the guy before Iwata? Back around 2000, he publicly said that basically "nobody wants to play RPGs anymore, and we wouldn't let Square publish games on our systems even if they wanted to." That was after Square, Konami, Enix, and many others gave 90% of their support to Sony and donkey punched Nintendo into a distant second (third with the Gamecube).

So no, this is nothing new.
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink

User Info: Akaimizu

Akaimizu
7 years ago#5
Arrogant isn't even a word to describe them now. In fact, they've shown the most "We're listening to you." attitude for the past gen to this one. They were more arrogant before, but during the course of the Wii, they pretty much were turning around on that. Nintendo was Arrogant. But the 6th gen pretty much deflated that. If you want Arrogant Nintendo, you just keep going back in time and the Arrogance increases.

Nowadays, they're kind of championing the gamer-wanted idea of providing good value for the buck, and are against the whole "drip em for DLC" model that has invaded the market. They believe in DLC, but not in the taking away from the game for DLC. "I'm looking at you, original releases of Mass Effect 3. Making us pay $60 and then an extra $10 at launch for a highly important part of the main story."
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)

User Info: K-R-A-N-G-

K-R-A-N-G-
7 years ago#6
Nintendo is doing fine we don't need sales to prove the fun we're getting from nintendoo exclusives. The Wii U is the best console prolly ever made we'll see when the ps4 comes out but it looks trash judging the ps4 controller. ps4 will do vita numbers. when e3 comes all the fanboys will be crying for nintendo to save them with the best games like f zero and smash bros. Also Wii u has PC quality graphics technology so its ok for the future.

SO STFU > : O
(message deleted)

User Info: K-R-A-N-G-

K-R-A-N-G-
7 years ago#8
that was taken out of context nintendo said ff7 grapchis won't on gamecube so they need better grpahics nintendo said and sqquare enix said can i have money for more graphics and nintendo said no buy your own improvements or leave. square was bankrupt after kingdom harts and coudnt do stuff for nintendo something mike fischer wants to fix

User Info: DeathSnipe777

DeathSnipe777
7 years ago#9
Nintendo has gotten less arrogant over time, not more arrogant.

They're not like Sony, who became extremely arrogant following the massive success of the PS2.
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
7 years ago#10
K-R-A-N-G- posted...
that was taken out of context nintendo said ff7 grapchis won't on gamecube so they need better grpahics nintendo said and sqquare enix said can i have money for more graphics and nintendo said no buy your own improvements or leave. square was bankrupt after kingdom harts and coudnt do stuff for nintendo something mike fischer wants to fix

You have no clue what you're talking about. Also, for the love of god, please learn about spelling, grammar, and punctuation. And consider using Gamefaqs' built in spell checker, it's there for a reason.
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did the 7th gen make nintendo arrogant?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A