Not really big on Trophies or Achievement Scores...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Not really big on Trophies or Achievement Scores...

User Info: MegaWinFTW

MegaWinFTW
5 years ago#11
Pac12345 posted...
This is a a feature that people keep keep asking for. Why? I mean why is it so import to people? It's a f******, meaningless number! Deal with it people! You don't need to be told how "special" you are every time you make your character move! Seriously, just look at how much of a whiny (Cause they won't stop b******* about stuff), ignorant (They know nothing about video game history and its teaching), and now, attention-seeking brats the 7th gen gamers have become.

If these are the faces of gaming, then I am ashamed to call myself a "gamer".

Why are you so upset over this? Do they actively decrease your enjoyment of a game? Do you really need to make needless exaggerations and sweeping statements just to defend the lack of them?

If I have the choice between two otherwise identical versions of a game, one with trophies/achievements and one without, I would pick the one with them and I imagine most others would too. Cut out the superiority complex, they add replay value and encourage people to try new things in games. I'd never played a game on its hardest difficulty before Uncharted when I found I almost had the platinum and a playthrough on Crushing is all I needed, now I do it all the time.

User Info: LatchKeyKid

LatchKeyKid
5 years ago#12
I never buy a game for trophies or achievements but I do love them and I think it hurts Nintendo not to have them. It's not just for showing off, they are also a way to get extra life out of a game, keep track of what you are missing, see what you're friends are playing, stuff like that.
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh

User Info: fuzi11

fuzi11
5 years ago#13
I don't like forced achievements. If Nintendo thinks the game is worthwhile to have them, they are implemented in the game (Kid Icarus, Smash Bros, etc)

If Nintendo thinks they are pointless, they don't implement them (Mario)

I like it that way, because for plattformers and such you just don't need such achievements

User Info: TyrantLowKey

TyrantLowKey
5 years ago#14
^OH i agree. I just said for competition sake, it'd be a "great" addition. I actually am pulling for Wii U this gen and I want it to succeed but something needs to be put into effect so that Nintendo can compete in a more "broader" sense.
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)

User Info: kayoticdreamz

kayoticdreamz
5 years ago#15
MegaWinFTW posted...
It's a really dumb omission. If/when I get a Wii U I wont be buying any multiplatform games on it unless it has major exclusive content because I'd rather get a version with trophies/achievements. I wouldn't pass up on a game that lacks them on any platform, like a Wii U exclusive or an early PS3 exclusive that never got patched, nor would I buy a bad game just for them but I'm at least one person who sees them as a reason not to buy Wii U versions of games and I'm sure I'm not alone.

The excuses and arguments against them are flimsy and weak, they stop developers working hard? Really? They're easy to add and they give oodles of replay value, no reason not to want them.

this.

there is no reason to buy multiplatform games on the WIi U....as it is multiplatform games are usually worse on the nintendo systems so this is just one more thing against them.

User Info: Soanevalcke6

Soanevalcke6
5 years ago#16
Pac12345 posted...
This is a a feature that people keep keep asking for. Why? I mean why is it so import to people? It's a f******, meaningless number! Deal with it people! You don't need to be told how "special" you are every time you make your character move! Seriously, just look at how much of a whiny (Cause they won't stop b******* about stuff), ignorant (They know nothing about video game history and its teaching), and now, attention-seeking brats the 7th gen gamers have become.

Take a chill pill, Pac-man
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6

User Info: Godstriker8

Godstriker8
5 years ago#17
Pac12345 posted...

Lmao, reading your post complaining about ignorance and *****ing is just so ironic...
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!

User Info: Pac12345

Pac12345
5 years ago#18
Alright, you guys peaked my interest. Let's discuss this achievements/trophies things. However, I will only do so if you are willing to actually consider whatever points come up during the discussion.

What I mean is to actually take into account other people's points and opinions and actually accepting one's mistakes and the other's assestmens. No one is perfect, you know. We all make mistakes. So, I'm in. If you are willing to actually have a civilized discussion, then yes, I will explain and try to prove my points of why I am sick of people asking for trophies/achievements.

User Info: stekim40

stekim40
5 years ago#19
Pac12345 posted...

Well said mate, I agree 100%!!!
Xyzzy!

User Info: DesperateMonkey

DesperateMonkey
5 years ago#20
Quote:TyrantLowKey posted...
But anyone else feel that Nintendo not having anything equivalent does kind of throw them behind the curve here? Is there anything equivalent that I am not aware of? I think Wii U is great btw and I seriously want it to be the best but I think this can be a big negative (to a lot and it may not be you or me just a lot of people seem to like these things so why not make something similar on it). Anyone agree with or atleast the fact that it does lower the appeal a bit?

I think Nintendo is worried about making games, not throwing in a system that makes people buy crappy games just to earn a digital pat on the back.

@gameG3ni3

Sorry but the only thing nintendo cares about is throwing mario into things. Nintendo has been way behind tge curve for gameplay for a long time.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Not really big on Trophies or Achievement Scores...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived