Metroid Prime 4/MetroId Prime Successor - Nintendo's flagship online shooter

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Metroid Prime 4/MetroId Prime Successor - Nintendo's flagship online shooter

User Info: FAT____MAN

FAT____MAN
5 years ago#11
My god, what a pathetic and simple minded opinion. So all because every other system has hundreds of FPS online multiplayer games, Nintendo Should follow suit and try making their own? Thus changing what makes this particular game great, for just becoming just like the rest of the "Fps" market? Pathetic. A PATHETIC Idea. I don't think you understand Metroid at ****ing all. It's not at all about running around trying to kill everything in sight like EVERY other FPS.

You're truly one tack minded aren't you? I'm not sure if I've heard a more sickening idea than this one.

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
5 years ago#12
PhaseBlack posted...
"But Metroid Prime is about exploration!!!!", "I dont want them to add online since I only care about single player!!!!", "They should make a new IP to be a shooter not make Metroid Prime into one!!!!", etc.

Yeah it's all been said before and frankly none of those complaints matter at all.

They're all perfectly valid complaints. Other M already showed us how bad an exploration-less Metroid game was. Online doesn't need to be crowbarred into every perfectly good single-player franchise.

You have to understand that there are hardly any single player games on the market anymore, even God of War is getting competitive multiplayer

Yes. Which is why gaming is on a downslide. Because developers can't leave a good thing alone, and try to use multiplayer to pad out content so they only have to make a minor single-player component. Look at all the modern shooters. Full multiplayer, token and lame single-player. Do not want.
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: muffinmasher

muffinmasher
5 years ago#13
I think they should make a Metroid game that has a regular single player, but also includes a robust online multiplayer. Can't we ask for both instead of just bashing one or the other?
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.

User Info: LUlGI

LUlGI
5 years ago#14
I think they should make a Metroid game that has a regular single player, but also includes a robust online multiplayer. Can't we ask for both instead of just bashing one or the other?

No that's stupid why would anyone good qualities from BOTH online and offline?

I hope you're trolling.

User Info: kissdadookie

kissdadookie
5 years ago#15
PhaseBlack posted...
I saw a topic about how Metroid might be a series Nintendo moves away from and they will shift their attention elsewhere, but right now Nintendo needs Metroid Prime more than ever.

Nintendo has their new online service, the Nintendo Network, and hardly anyone is playing on it. Only about a thousand people were playing Black Ops II on the Nintendo Network because Call of Duty is a game you play with your friends and PSN/XBL are the networks to play that game on since they have been since the early start of HD gaming online. To put it delicately, there is zero to no chance that the majority of gamers who play CoD on PSN/XBL will ever be playing CoD on the NN.

That is why Nintendo needs an exclusive premier shooter that gets Wii U owners to play religiously on the NN, something that will draw in gamers to get a Wii U since it has a competitive multiplayer game they can take online and play for hours that they cant anywhere else. Metroid Prime 4 would be that game, or a successor to the series styled after Metroid Prime.

"But Metroid Prime is about exploration!!!!", "I dont want them to add online since I only care about single player!!!!", "They should make a new IP to be a shooter not make Metroid Prime into one!!!!", etc.

Yeah it's all been said before and frankly none of those complaints matter at all. Nintendo will never make a new IP that is an FPS to compete with online shooters like Halo, Killzone, Battlefield, etc. Metroid Prime is the closest we'll ever have to that from them and there is no series like Metroid Prime that fits Nintendo better for a shooter.

You have to understand that there are hardly any single player games on the market anymore, even God of War is getting competitive multiplayer and it truly looks great. If the developers have the talent, they can add a competitive online portion to their game and still deliver a quality single player experience. That's why I trust Retro will be able to do this.

Keep in mind that the next Metroid FPA will definitely want to recapture the vibe and controls of Metroid Prime, nothing will change about the single player. For multiplayer they will definitely speed up the game to nail an online shooter pacing and add new elements, whih shouldnt be hard since Metroid Prime already laid the foundation with it's weapons and FPS view. They also have Metroid Prime Hunters to look for as guidance with what will work in the online gameplay.

Now in short, Nintendo needs a Metroid Prime 4/Prime Successor to make the Nintendo Network take off. Metroid is a popular and familiar IP that gamers wont hesitate to buy, the Prime styled Metroids are perfect for creating a competent multiplayer shooter, and so on.

Well, if stupid Nintendo Fanboys would stop brushing off current gen games as "Oh, just stupid generic first person shooters, Nintendo Wii games are much more innovative, motion controls rulezzzzzzz, we don't need dual analogue!!!!!" then something like Metroid Prime would have a MUCH better chance of seeing new games.

People tend to forget, first person shooters were really bolstered by Nintendo platforms in the early days (GoldenEye, that not very good Turok, and of course, Metroid Prime). Nowadays, after the Wii missed out on most of the current gen 3rd party games, these Nintendo fanboys (many of whom are NEW Nintendo fans) basically erased the early days completely out of their memories.

FAT____MAN
5 years ago#16
muffinmasher posted...

No. Look at Prime hunters. Put more work in one, and the other will slack comparatively.

Also, PLEASE name me a game that start with AMAZING single player, then they added in Online multiplayer and both modes were as amazing as the other.

User Info: Dark World Ruler

Dark World Ruler
5 years ago#17
FAT____MAN posted...
muffinmasher posted...

No. Look at Prime hunters. Put more work in one, and the other will slack comparatively.

Also, PLEASE name me a game that start with AMAZING single player, then they added in Online multiplayer and both modes were as amazing as the other.

Uncharted, the second one was actually way better than the first and added online in that game
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar

FAT____MAN
5 years ago#18
kissdadookie posted...

People tend to forget, first person shooters were really bolstered by Nintendo platforms in the early days (GoldenEye, that not very good Turok, and of course, Metroid Prime). Nowadays, after the Wii missed out on most of the current gen 3rd party games, these Nintendo fanboys (many of whom are NEW Nintendo fans) basically erased the early days completely out of their memories.

YOU seem to forget, The N64 was the only system on the market that could utilize the Analog stick, and pretty damn well. It was developers limitations AT THE TIME, that made N64 FPS possible, and even then PC shooters were rising and already surpassed that potential.

FAT____MAN
5 years ago#19
Dark World Ruler posted...
FAT____MAN posted...
muffinmasher posted...

Uncharted, the second one was actually way better than the first and added online in that game

And people still play the multiplayer to this day? That multiplayer made that particular game as great as it was? (i have not played the uncharted series, but i've always wanted to)

User Info: kissdadookie

kissdadookie
5 years ago#20
FAT____MAN posted...
muffinmasher posted...

Basically all the CoD games since MW1. Problem with CoD is that they didn't change the formula basically since MW1 so by now, it's very stagnant.

There's also Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2. Excellent campaigns and excellent multiplayer.

Then we have the new breed experimental games like Dark Souls and ZombiU which seamlessly integrates SP with MP. There's also Borderlands, let's not forget about that one. Oh yes, Dead Island would be right up there if it wasn't for the fact that it's INCREDIBLY buggy.

There's also FarCry 3. Crysis 2. RE5 (hate it or not, both SP and MP were very good if you fell in the "I like RE5" camp). RE6 (though that game is a lot of filler, but if you like RE5, RE6 is pretty good). Gears of War. Halo.

Should I just keep going down the list to prove how ridiculous your claim is? Oh, let's not forget, Assassin's Creed has a great MP mode now, very unique and very well thought out and enjoyable.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Metroid Prime 4/MetroId Prime Successor - Nintendo's flagship online shooter

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived