• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Some Wii U units defective out of the box - blinking light of doom

User Info: duskkodesh

duskkodesh
7 years ago#1
So, we got our Wii U (deluxe) this morning and tried for over an hour to get it to work. It was coming on, but the light was blinking blue and no picture on the TV. We tried switching for other HDMI cables, tried using the normal Wii cable, but nothing.

We called Nintendo and they walked us through setup one more time, but when I mentioned the blinking light they said that it was defective and needed to be repaired. They set up a return label and said it would take about 2 weeks to get one back, or that we could take it back to the store, but no guarantee the store would have stock.

Unfortunately, also heard at least 2 other reps in the background talking to customers apparently having the same issue. If you bought your system as a Christmas gift, might want to consider seeing if it works now.
Humanity is stupid. Religion is just one of the many, many symptoms. - Justy Tylor

User Info: itslike

itslike
7 years ago#2
SURPRISE
the guy has to go to church at 630am. he is already in hell ~ gumbyxcore99

User Info: Nice_Kirbyfan9

Nice_Kirbyfan9
7 years ago#3
Better not be mine. Nintendo and their defective products man...
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif

User Info: Deimos259

Deimos259
7 years ago#4
blod
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
7 years ago#5
There's bound to be a few defective units saddly. I'm fortunate that mine appears to be working.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2

User Info: TrueBlue91

TrueBlue91
7 years ago#6
Ouch...
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: jsb0714

jsb0714
7 years ago#7
duskkodesh posted...

Unfortunately, also heard at least 2 other reps in the background talking to customers apparently having the same issue.

Mm-hmm. Sure.
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this

User Info: jmichaelbp

jmichaelbp
7 years ago#8
Americans are the beta testers confirmed.
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
7 years ago#9
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Better not be mine. Nintendo and their defective products man...

Like u actually plan to get 1. lol.
And Nintendo systems are known to be more reliable than its competition.
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png

User Info: tinfoil21

tinfoil21
7 years ago#10
BBOD?

(Blue Blinks of Doom)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Some Wii U units defective out of the box - blinking light of doom
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A