• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I've never understood the hype

User Info: Sharky8

Sharky8
7 years ago#1
The Wii U will probably be great. But why all the hype to get it now? Why all the preorders? Why do you have to have it NOW before more games are released?

I will be waiting at least 1 year to get it. And I anticipate getting New Super Mario Bros Wii U, Pikmin 3, and a new Mario Kart Wii U game when it finally comes out. Until then, I will wait patiently.

What are your reasons for preordering it now or waiting in line to buy one in store the day it is released?

User Info: L0L_FAQ

L0L_FAQ
7 years ago#2
In the immortal words of Public Enemy;

"Don't... Don't don'tdon't don't believe the hype."
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
7 years ago#3
Well the next generation of a console doesn't come out that often.

User Info: Sackboy4mvp

Sackboy4mvp
7 years ago#4
im getting it at launch because i have the money to buy one. So why wait
Official Sackboy of PSASBR--Black 2 FC=0218 8603 3882
PSN: WaLuigi4life---Wii U: WaLuigi

User Info: Santo3485

Santo3485
7 years ago#5
I have the money to buy it but NONE of the games interest me at all plus my backlog is so huge. I've lot of catching up to do. I will wait at least 1 year before getting the Wii U.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

User Info: Non_Ado

Non_Ado
7 years ago#6
Nintendo is not known for dropping the price on their games, and the price they set is reasonable enough that it will probably stay at that price for a couple of years.

I am not waiting for the Xbox8 because I do not believe in paying twice for my internet, and Halo5 is probably going to be a huge let down no matter how much effort they put into it. Microsoft has also lost or hurt a lot of the exclusives that might have tempted me. I also do not own any of the devices that are supposedly going to work with it and bring Microsoft one step closer to being Apple.

Sony has lost its mind. They are closing down studios that made okay games, left studios open that made bad games, and they broke ties with developers like the creator of Starhawk that makes no sense. What the PS4 is going to bring to the table from what people have been saying or leaking on the internet is a solid system that only Sony games will stand out on which I have not seen one that I want other than The Last Guardian which is pushed back until 2014 supposedly.

What are my options now? The Wii U with its lesser hardware is the logical choice with specific exclusives that I want to play: Lego City Undercover, Bayonetta2, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Nintendo games.

User Info: mdotwillie09

mdotwillie09
7 years ago#7
Because I can really and because I never quite got a console at launch.. Well vita and that was kind of disappointing plus it's a handheld. But xbox 360 and wii I got for Xmas mont after launch, Ps3 I had to save up for. So while I was lucky and got those early I'm grown now and have the money and want to get right away. Truth is I may put away for Xmas just because since there are a few other games that will occupy my time but I doubt I'll have that willpower :)
Xbox Live & PSN GT: Mdotwillie09

User Info: huyi

huyi
7 years ago#8
Non_Ado posted...
Nintendo is not known for droppw the price on their games, and the price they set is reasonable enough that it will probably stay at that price for a couple of years.

I am not waiting for the Xbox8 because I do not believe in paying twice for my internet, and Halo5 is probably going to be a huge let down no matter how much effort they put into it. Microsoft has also lost or hurt a lot of the exclusives that might have tempted me. I also do not own any of the devices that are supposedly going to work with it and bring Microsoft one step closer to being Apple.

Sony has lost its mind. They are closing down studios that made okay games, left studios open that made bad games, and they broke ties with developers like the creator of Starhawk that makes no sense. What the PS4 is going to bring to the table from what people have been saying or leaking on the internet is a solid system that only Sony games will stand out on which I have not seen one that I want other than The Last Guardian which is pushed back until 2014 supposedly.

What are my options now? The Wii U with its lesser hardware is the logical choice with specific exclusives that I want to play: Lego City Undercover, Bayonetta2, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Nintendo games.

2014 for the last guardian? When did you hear that? The last i heard was it was getting cancelled, and yes nintendo will price fix and keep the prices artificially high, this is deadly, especially in europe where 3rd party titles are already selling for £50 if no one can afford the games then why keep the wii u? I would sell it and keep the ps3 as the games will be cheaper, i am in no rush to buy one at launch, even if i did buy one at launch i will only be playing 2-3 games i would get bored fast.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
7 years ago#9
It's simple. People want new consoles now, not later. Next gen has been long overdue, & this generation is already reaching 7 years old next month.

User Info: Tottentanz

Tottentanz
7 years ago#10
It's a concept I support, a company that I enjoy the games, exclusives that I already am drooling over from the start, and a user base that I typically get along with that will get an service that will make GameFaqs moot.

I will buy it day one, and I wont have to wait to play the games that I want to on some off chance something goes wrong and prices go south. Look at the Vita for instance. It has puttered for a year now, and Sony is so dead set on not dropping the price of it or its memory that they have allowed it to lose third party support rather than try anything to get it to sell.

That is a company in severe debt as opposed to Nintendo that has billions to sit on until the profits come rolling in.

I have already accepted that this might be another GCN situation where a tight nit 20 million enthusiasts own one, and that would be my dream scenario.

Can you imagine the Miiverse with 20 million diehard Nintendo Nuts going crazy over those Nintendo games?

20 million is a third of what the PS360 have sold over 6+years of being out, and that number is still respectable enough to warrant an occasional port or two of some of the bigger games and maybe some U centric stuff tossed in.

However, if it it hits big and sells 20 million in its first year then the PS4 and nextbox will be riding in the back seat until they can come up with an audience large enough to justify the expense to even address the limits of their hardware.

Long story long, it is a win-win scenario for me, and I cant wait. Also, there wont be schmucks as often on the Miivese as there are on GameFaqs, and when there are, the potential of having all their messages delayed for 30+ minutes might be a big enough deterrent for them to behave themselves and act respectable. A

Also, for MSony to copy the new controller wont be a simple task because you know they are going to want to go HD or something which is going to be expensive both in the controller and the means to keep the latency down.

PS: The faster this thing sells the more stress there will be on MSony to get their act together and launch their systems, so you MSony goons better start spreading the word trying to get people on board the Hype Train if you want your next gen systems out faster. Imagine if this thing putters along as slow as the Vita, MSony will feel confident enough to put off their systems until late 2014 or maybe 2015.

PPS: Also, the faster this thing sells the faster devs will jump on board and up their game engines, so for the pro-Nintendo people, if you want better games faster then you want people buying it faster.

PPPS: I just wanted to do one more.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I've never understood the hype
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A