• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I thought people hated gimmicks?!

User Info: BrokenBandit84

BrokenBandit84
10 years ago#1
People have been giving Nintendo a hard time for having gimmicks on their systems (i.e. touch screens, Motion controls, 3D etc.) now they bashing Nintendo for NOT including the gimmick of DVD/BLUERAY.

Seriously, what's up with that? Do people like to bash Nintendo for every thing they do?

User Info: KarmicDragon2

KarmicDragon2
10 years ago#2
Do people like to bash Nintendo for every thing they do?

Pretty much. Had the Wii U been the new Microsoft console with no dvd/blu-ray playback and no media-centre-like capabilities and friend codes everyone would've been all "Awww year Microsoft, way to go! You da man! No need for those crappy things!!".

User Info: Tottentanz

Tottentanz
10 years ago#3
Just glad Nintendo is not going for the gimmick route by making their thing also do movies.

Instead they are continuing down their own direction which has led them to success in the past and by the amount of trolling on this board it worries the fans of the other consoles otherwise they would not be trying so hard here.

User Info: CHAINMAILLEKID

CHAINMAILLEKID
10 years ago#4
People don't have any idea what a gimmick is....
>.>

A gimmick is a marketing term.
3D is the gimmick for the 3DS, because its provides the cornerstone for the marketing.

Waggle was the gimmick for the wii, because thats how it was marketed.

Bluray was a Very Big gimmick for the PS3.

And Graphics is a very big gimmick for both the PS3, and the 360.

People use the term gimmick in an attempt to make something look shallow, but really it doesn't really mean anything in the end, because its only the gimmicks that set the products apart.
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656

User Info: Exitialis

Exitialis
10 years ago#5
Nah, just the fanboys.
Caution, the above is most likely an opinion and should be treated as such.

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
10 years ago#6
Uh... last I checked, very, very few people complain about the DS's touch screens. And a lot of people have been impressed with the 3d.
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.

User Info: Who_Dat504

Who_Dat504
10 years ago#7
Blu-Ray is not a gimmick.
Saints, LSU, and Pelicans fan!

User Info: Exitialis

Exitialis
10 years ago#8
Blu-Ray was not a gimmick. The PS3's ability to play BR discs pretty much was a gimmick.
Caution, the above is most likely an opinion and should be treated as such.

User Info: Sir_Pennyworth

Sir_Pennyworth
10 years ago#9
Innovation and gimmicks are often the same thing just viewed from different angles...
Are you a hockey fan?
No, I'm American. - The Daily Show

User Info: BrokenBandit84

BrokenBandit84
10 years ago#10
Sir_Pennyworth posted...
Innovation and gimmicks are often the same thing just viewed from different angles...

Yeah, and Nintendo always gets the short end of the angle stick!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I thought people hated gimmicks?!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A