• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Why is multiplayer so bad? >.>;

User Info: Master of Hate

Master of Hate
4 years ago#1
At the risk of sounding like I'm trolling, why is it just so atrocious?

The auto-targeting is terrible.
The loot system is the worst I've ever seen, including Vanilla D3 and Destiny
No Keyboard options makes zero sense. WHY can't I type to people????
Lots of lag makes revives particularly life-threatening if someone has poor latency.
Hit-boxes are unresponsive
Only 3 maps >.>

I mean, there's not like a single player benefit for doing MP, is there? As it stands it's so underwhelming, I don't even get it.
Writer, Reviewer, Interviewer, Beta Tester, Streamer, and Gaming Enthusiast
http://valkurm.enjin.com/home = FFXIV Ultros Free Company

User Info: valkod23

valkod23
4 years ago#2
Master of Hate posted...
At the risk of sounding like I'm trolling, why is it just so atrocious?

The auto-targeting is terrible.
The loot system is the worst I've ever seen, including Vanilla D3 and Destiny
No Keyboard options makes zero sense. WHY can't I type to people????
Lots of lag makes revives particularly life-threatening if someone has poor latency.
Hit-boxes are unresponsive
Only 3 maps >.>

I mean, there's not like a single player benefit for doing MP, is there? As it stands it's so underwhelming, I don't even get it.

BioWare was forced to include because EA says all future games must have MP in them or something.
Playing Baldur's Gate Trilogy right now.
There is no Lumi, only Zul.

User Info: ScorpioVS

ScorpioVS
4 years ago#3
yeah I tend to agree that the MP is pretty bad
"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what to believe; to know what to desire; and to know what to do."

User Info: Jstretch19

Jstretch19
4 years ago#4
Its bad because they tried to make the multiplayer like ME3's but failed to make the combat not garbage like ME3.

Ironically enough I think the multiplayer would've been much better with DA2's combat.

User Info: Master of Hate

Master of Hate
4 years ago#5
Are there even plans to fix it, or make it more relevant or anything?

I mean it just seems so half-assed in it's current incarnation that I don't really grasp the reason to play it at all. It seems like they want people to spend RL money on it, but who would...? It's so terrible! haha
Writer, Reviewer, Interviewer, Beta Tester, Streamer, and Gaming Enthusiast
http://valkurm.enjin.com/home = FFXIV Ultros Free Company

User Info: clowning

clowning
4 years ago#6
Jstretch19 posted...
Its bad because they tried to make the multiplayer like ME3's but failed to make the combat not garbage like ME3.

100% this.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
4 years ago#7
Because it was outsourced to a different development team, presumably one who was willing to work cheap. Tacked on multiplayer is always a coin flip at best. Sometimes it's decent, but it's no surprise when things go wrong and the result is rubbish.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!

User Info: Lord Blade

Lord Blade
4 years ago#8
I had far more fun with the multiplayer than I did with the campaign. :p

But yeah, it could use some tweaks. I'd love to see it get more on the quality of ME3's multiplayer, simply with a better loot system (give us level based chest items at least).

True, the combat in this game is complete crap. It's amazingly even worse than Kingdoms of Amalur's mindless hack-n-slash system.
3DS FC: 0516-7611-6765 Name: Blade
PM me to add me for Fantasy Life (with DLC), Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
4 years ago#9
Lord Blade posted...
I had far more fun with the multiplayer than I did with the campaign. :p

But yeah, it could use some tweaks. I'd love to see it get more on the quality of ME3's multiplayer, simply with a better loot system (give us level based chest items at least).

True, the combat in this game is complete crap. It's amazingly even worse than Kingdoms of Amalur's mindless hack-n-slash system.

What do you find enjoyable about MP then
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: Lord Blade

Lord Blade
4 years ago#10
The whole co-op survival aspect. The combat's crap, but it's still fun to try and work with other players to overcome the AI.

It's why I love games like Killing Floor.
3DS FC: 0516-7611-6765 Name: Blade
PM me to add me for Fantasy Life (with DLC), Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Why is multiplayer so bad? >.>;
  • Topic Archived