• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. For those suffering from low frames, a potential fix

User Info: gatorattack05

gatorattack05
4 years ago#1
So, I was realizing that I wasn't exactly getting the performance out of my current setup like I wanted. Then I remembered it was frostbite 3, and that I could probably use my custom user.cfg file from BF4!

Basically, I found that for some reason, even when post processing was set to low and motion blur disabled in game, the game still acted as though motion blur were on (performance wise)

Have used this cfg to disable motion blur and dof (which I hated) for over a year in bf4. Put it into my Dragon age Inquisition folder, and voila! Much better frames. Now, enabling msaax2 would drop me from 55-70 down to 40 still, but I'm hoping drivers can soon alleviate some of that performance drop.

So, step by step to create a user.cgf file

1. Open Notepad
2. Copy Paste this:

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1

3. save file as user.cfg and put it into the DA: Inquisition main install directory (the one with the executable)

If this isn't enough and you need some SERIOUS frame increases at the loss of some visual fidelity, you can also try adding other things as well. For example, to really get the most framerate you can use

PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
RenderDevice.VsyncEnable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0

Now, there will be some visual fidelity loss (most notably in shadows), however this is good for anywhere between 10-25 fps jump.

Hopefully this helps!

User Info: dbl219

dbl219
4 years ago#2
Great post, thanks. Just removing the blur helped a lot. If I find that it dips again I may try the rest.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. For those suffering from low frames, a potential fix
  • Topic Archived