• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MicroByter

MicroByter
7 years ago#1
I realize that I'm probably going to see a lot of "game sucks", "it's not Zelda", but still there are probably people like me who would love more info and might actually be interested in the game, this is for you.

It plays a lot like Twisted metal and is strictly vehicular based. Your vehicle is able to transform from a normal car into "stealth" mode with a full weapons arsenal. In car mode, you are more nimble and are able to go a lot faster to get around. In stealth mode, your car is more tank like and can only stay in the form while you have energon energy (which can be collected). Weapons so far seem to be machine guns as well as a stronger projectile (missile, plasma cannon).

Controls are a little odd initially since you use the analog slider to accelerate/reverse and turn as well. In stealth mode, the slider still acts as forward and reverse, but also as strafe instead of turning. Turning is handled by the L & R shoulder buttons. It's a bit awkward right now, but I can somewhat understand why they took this approach.

Graphics are okay and seem like they are up to the Wii version's graphics. Sound is good with lots of voice work.

The 3D effect is strictly in game and doesn't appear in any of the cutscene's or menus.

I haven't gotten very far and don't have much time to play it now. I decided what the heck since I like transformers and had extra birthday money. Transformers with Twisted Metal elements sounded good to me. I'll update with some more impressions once I get more time into it.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!

Here is a video of some of the game play I captured.

http://youtu.be/80bX8CgTHKw?hd=1
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206

MicroByter
7 years ago#2
Here's a second video I shot, this time for the first Decepticon mission:

http://youtu.be/vJKJxWmvKl4
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206

User Info: spidey_fan

spidey_fan
7 years ago#3
Okay. Weird. I can clearly see a bunch of bipedal robots in the cutscenes...
Really teasing.
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

User Info: Rapaleeman

Rapaleeman
7 years ago#4
The game sounded good on paper but I got to like the third level with Optimus Prime and gave up. This game is overly difficult for no reason and the controls are really sub par and at times unresponsive.

It doesn't look too bad but not good either. The 3d is nauseating and while in 3d mode the game looks absolutely terrible. With 3d turned off it fairs a lot better. The turning back and forth between car and Stealth Force is stupidly limited to that Energon gauge which drains really quick. Also to put the turning on the shoulders which are terrible on the 3DS was a bad design decision.

Anyway, not a good game at all even though Twisted Metal + Bumblebee should equal awesome but it does not in this case. I wanted some Transformers on the go and am now curious to the quality of the standard DS versions since I will probably never play this game again.
"Jazz to Moonbase 2! Jazz to Moonbase 2!"
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

User Info: spidey_fan

spidey_fan
7 years ago#5
Rapaleeman posted...

Anyway, not a good game at all even though Twisted Metal + Bumblebee should equal awesome but it does not in this case. I wanted some Transformers on the go and am now curious to the quality of the standard DS versions since I will probably never play this game again.

There's a video on youtube. Quality isn't really good, but I can say that it's your standard over the shoulder TPS. And it actually does look good when compared to the 2 other movie games on DS.
Now only if those games don't include those bad design choice... Like in this one, final boss fight is Ironhide vs. Megatron. (Who cares about spoilers for those games?)
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

User Info: monpoke3

monpoke3
7 years ago#6
and u don't truely transform and should be called weapon mode
CRIMSON VANE!!

MicroByter
7 years ago#7
Okay, been playing on and off for a day (on and off because this game is frustrating as heck!) and have to say to avoid it at all costs. It's rare that I say that about any game, but this one, well, really bites!

After going through more missions, they start to repeat themselves - different locations/vehicles, same objectives. Protect this, survive this long, destroy this many, it get's really old and repetitive.

The vehicles all pretty much feel the same with the same machine guns/special projectile weapon.

I thought that there was a mission part of the game and maybe a battle mode similar to Twisted Metal, but I was very wrong. The only thing that seems available is to replay the missions you've already beaten which I have absolutely no desire to do... ever again!

Heed my warning, do not get this game. Not for yourself, not for your kids, not for your enemies. I played through some bad games, but this one is getting traded.

So much for taking a chance...
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206
  • Topic Archived