• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Legends 3
  3. Sign the official MML3 Petition and join the Devroom!!(please request sticky) #2

User Info: UltimatesTruth

UltimatesTruth
5 years ago#41
thelastgogeta posted...
I think I remember that, but wouldn't give the new producer too much credit even if it does help when you have a keen ear listening to our demands. It isn't that unusual for Capcom to rerelease games prior to 2015, Megaman or not.

It is definitely notable that we saw Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Legends 1 and Legends 2 but curious that only America got it. Not Japan (who does have PSP ports - also on PSN) and not Europe (I had to buy US PSN points to start the series!)... For some reason, Sony's American branch is the publisher which may be a deal agreed by the new producer and why Megaman 64 has been ignored even though Megaman Zero 1-4 as well as Battle Network 1-6 made it to the Wii U worldwide.

Can't wait for a new game next year, partially so we can find out who this new person is even if they might just be a producer not a director.

If anything, all of this love for MM fans in the west along with the new upcoming American cartoon, it most likely means that the new theoretical Mega Man game could very well be aimed at the west, which isn't bad at all, at least that sorta guarantees us an English localization, unlike what happened with EX Troopers.

I remember when when Seth Killian was asked why did Zero make it into UMvC3 but not Mega Man... And he said that Capcom Japan told him that they thought Mega Man was not popular in the west..

Whoever is running the Mega Man franchise right now at Capcom obviously took a note from the backlash regarding the absence of Mega Man in MvC3 by the fans in the west.

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
5 years ago#42
I still think the "E.X. Troopers is for Japan" was always a shoddy excuse, we've frequently buy more copies than Japan when it comes to their releases (yes I know we have all the countries aside from North America being massive for the industry opposed to just one). 800K copies of Valkyria Chronicles were sold on Steam recently as well (according to SteamSpy)

On topic, we missed out on a Megaman Legends mobile game as well as Rockman XOver, but it would be very strange if they did a Sonic Boom/Ratchet and Clank 2016 revival but didn't bother to bring the game to the source. Japan still got Sonic Boom even without being aired on TV as far as I know! I'd like a source for the Seth Killian thing, though I guess it is pretty far off and sounds like the poor decision they would make then. >_>

Megaman's presentation in (U)MvC3, Street Fighter X Tekken and Rockman XOver then his cancelled games between Legends 3 (not even the Prototype made it) and Megaman Universe.

On UMvC3 again, Megaman actually had a cameo through a poster which is a callback to Days of Future Past's comic but also potentially hinted to Megaman as a DLC (if he was on the disc - he would have been found by now): http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/13/mega-man-poster-new-umvc3-stage/

I assume I guess if it was DLC in development, Marvel not allowing Capcom to develop or sell games was the nail in the coffin.
Bring E.X. Troopers (PS3 + 3DS) West! E.D.N 3rd Adventure!
www.capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505

User Info: UltimatesTruth

UltimatesTruth
5 years ago#43
thelastgogeta posted...
I'd like a source for the Seth Killian thing, though I guess it is pretty far off and sounds like the poor decision they would make then. >_>

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/capcom-japan-doesnt-believe-mega-man-is-popular-in-the-u-s/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/03/capcom-usa-on-why-japan-doesnt-believe-mega-man-is-popular-in-america/

It was back in 2011.

User Info: LordKaizer

LordKaizer
5 years ago#44
UltimatesTruth posted...
thelastgogeta posted...
I'd like a source for the Seth Killian thing, though I guess it is pretty far off and sounds like the poor decision they would make then. >_>

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/capcom-japan-doesnt-believe-mega-man-is-popular-in-the-u-s/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/03/capcom-usa-on-why-japan-doesnt-believe-mega-man-is-popular-in-america/

It was back in 2011.

and i still think they're full of it when they said it.
Faiyez - "Been playing JRPGs since FFIII on the SNES and played all the PS2 classics."
didn't play a lot of jrpg for ps2 or even try them.

User Info: LordKaizer

LordKaizer
5 years ago#45
bumb
Faiyez - "Been playing JRPGs since FFIII on the SNES and played all the PS2 classics."
didn't play a lot of jrpg for ps2 or even try them.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Legends 3
  3. Sign the official MML3 Petition and join the Devroom!!(please request sticky) #2
  • Topic Archived