• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. welp guess I wrecked my game

User Info: TreeDigger

TreeDigger
1 month ago#1
This game was fun while it lasted but I guess its all over and I ruined my save. So have been mostly playing blind and really enjoying terraria. I played the large map and spent more time building and exploring than anything.

So I accidently summoned the wall of flesh (A thing I knew a small amount about) decided I would at least try to kill it... I did ya! I was so happy...

...until I just instant die everywhere now. I did manage to get the first full set of new armor, and a good sword and laser rifle, but the better gear doesn't matter.

Everything still pretty much instant kills me (I have 40 def). Even if I manage to pull off insane moves and kill stuff it all just spawns right back in so my only option is to fight non stop and do nothing else (I enjoy the building). So now I cant build or mine or get anything done.

I cant wall of the new creep that appeared so my entire jungle is ruined and its coming into the entire left side of my map now (I had lots of cool build stuff and access spots).

Im very frustrated and pretty much going to quit, dont know what else I can do, seems really dumb. I dont mind the challange but the fact that they spawn in non stop makes it unplayable for me. You should get at least 2-5 mins of time to do stuff after clearing enemies.

An example in the dessert is those giant worms. I killed 5, by the time the 6th spawned in i was low health and my hands where tired from the insane clicking....I just let it kill me.

Wish there was a way to un hard mode my game. I miss the building and all the stuff I created. Its all gone now.

User Info: tiomasta

tiomasta
1 month ago#2
Everyone's supposed to get to hardmode because it's just the halfway point of the progression grid, it's not literally an optional hard mode that you can turn on or not if you wanted to
There is no save file ruining with these enemies, if anything you just need to wait until you get more bonkers weapons and minions so that you more outclass the base level enemies in hardmode since now you only have base level hardmode equipment

1) What difficulty are you playing? (Classic/Expert/Master. First/blindish runs probably deserve Classic)
2) How many hearts do you have? You're supposed to mine the heart crystals and use the hearts to get up to 20 hearts for 400 MaxHP, with this much you shouldn't be getting one-shotted by anything even if you had NEGATIVE points of armor, I'm assuming you accidentally killed Wall of Flesh early where you have very few hearts

Technically it's possible to skew enemy spawn rates if you make 3 simple rooms together and place 3 NPCs there, so now monsters won't appear when you're here, can even fish in peace

The thing that sucks about it and bothers me a lot is that beating Wall of Flesh for the first time puts the corruption and the hallow a bit to the sides from the middle and now those 2 will just keep spreading over everywhere. Literally the only way to stop this is to go over the surface until after where it stops, then dig straight down to underworld so it won't get past the hole. (a 3-wide hole works, but blocks that grow grass up need to be stamped/walled over to prevent floor vines passing over, or the hole just needs to be 6 wide. Or you could just buy stacks of dynamite, gel them for sticky dynamites, and get it over with)
Later you can buy a spray thing that undoes any corruption thing and it reaches about the entire screen, but the area needs to be dug 3 blocks isolated (or separated with something like 3 wood) from elsewhere for it to stay pure otherwise it will just grow back again from touching the rest
(also for some reason, using the pwnhammer to destroy altars can put corruption on a random block in the map, literally out of nothing. Fishing crates work as an alternative to getting their ores instead)
If you're playing on journey mode character&world, there's a power setting to disable the spread altogether. It also has other settings like lowering/disabling enemy spawns or even unlimited invincibility so maybe you might want to play with that
I breathe in ketchup and breathe out anxiety

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#3
Starting over isnt THAT hard. Hell, you can take all your gear to a new world and skip to wherever you were.
Gamefaqs mods are hypocrites. They change, ignore, or misinterpret rules in any way that suits them.

TreeDigger
1 month ago#4
tiomasta posted...

1) What difficulty are you playing? (Classic/Expert/Master. First/blindish runs probably deserve Classic)
-classic/normal
2) How many hearts do you have? You're supposed to mine the heart crystals and use the hearts to get up to 20
  • 200 hp, remember I said basically 1 shotting me, they drain me super fast. I can heal once and then cause of the cool down Im pretty much dead. I can kill my share but they just instant spawn back so theres not much I can do
Technically it's possible to skew enemy spawn rates if you make 3 simple rooms together and place 3 NPCs there, so now monsters won't appear when you're here, can even fish in peace

The creep has destroyed all but 1 of my towns and I cant seem to fix anything. Cause I cant do anything with enemys spawning like mad. I did seperate my creep but I guess a bunch of new creep came. Its everywhere.

(also for some reason, using the pwnhammer to destroy altars can put corruption on a random block in the map, literally out of nothing.

Oh First thing I did after the wall was test out my new PWN hammer. Smashed like 12 that explains why the creep took my world over.

If you're playing on journey mode character&world, there's a power setting to disable the spread altogether. It also has other settings like lowering/disabling enemy spawns or even unlimited invincibility so maybe you might want to play with that

Hmmm maybe A new game in journey mode...

Gargomon251 posted...
Starting over isnt THAT hard. Hell, you can take all your gear to a new world and skip to wherever you were.

All my stuff I built will be gone. My file has over 100 hrs. Like I said the building is what I enjoyed most...

So what I have done is start a new game at Med difficulty and I plan to NOT enter hard mode with it, cause I have low tier hard mode gear so far its going good and Im enjoying the new boss battles. Stuff is harder but its reasonable and not instant death.

TreeDigger
1 month ago#5
Cant edit my post but the biggest issue that makes hard mode unplayable is that its just non stop enemy spawning. If it wasnt for that I think I could get into it. I even tried to quickly place flowers and build to transfer over towns people to further reduce spawn but its just impossible to try and build its just non stop enemys its ****ing insane, I would understand of I was on elite mode but I think the enemy count is ridiculous. I would hate to see how many enemys spawn on the harder difficulty's. Dont understand how Im suppose to do anything BUT fight.

Cant mine/Cant build only can fight cause they spawn in non stop. I really dont get it.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#6
TreeDigger posted...
All my stuff I built will be gone. My file has over 100 hrs. Like I said the building is what I enjoyed most...
Then play in Journey mode and you'll never get killed or run out of materials again.
Gamefaqs mods are hypocrites. They change, ignore, or misinterpret rules in any way that suits them.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: amgoosehjonk

amgoosehjonk
1 month ago#7
If you wanna stick with this save, I will say that Hardmode is REALLY tough especially if you come in not really knowing what you’re doing. Don’t be afraid to keep a wiki tab open and check out some of the guides there (the official Terraria wiki has some pretty good ones for those unfamiliar with Terraria). We all do that, you’re not gonna be any less of a gamer or whatever they say for doing it.

For the creep, isolate a main spot you want a town to be in and dig hellevators (tunnels down to Hell, per the name) around it, at least 3 blocks wide. This will stop it in its tracks and buy you some time. I’d recommend doing this in front of important biomes as well, such as the jungle and beaches.

If you feel like you can’t really handle it or you’ve just lost motivation with the save, I’d seriously recommend you try out Journey mode (especially since it sounds like your favorite part of the game is building). Endless resource duplication, adjusting difficulty in real time, time changing, and yes... there is an enemy spawn rate adjuster.

CHEAT WARNING

If you’re alright with “cheating” (and you’re on PC), I’d strongly recommend taking a look at TEdit, an application up for download on GitHub. It’s a map editor for Terraria, pretty much, but it has some pretty nice uses. I’ll leave the specifics of the program for now, but I’ll note it does let you copy and change the difficulty of worlds (so you can carry it into Journey mode if you decide to start a character there) and there is a function to convert biomes. So... you can swab away some of the creep if you need to. There’s also building stuff of course in case you were wondering about that.

If you have any specific questions, I or possibly someone else would probably be able to answer them for you. Terraria is a great game, I promise, but it’s tough to learn. Don’t give it up entirely yet! Best of luck.
honk

User Info: timmorrow

timmorrow
2 weeks ago#8
TreeDigger posted...
This game was fun while it lasted but I guess its all over and I ruined my save. So have been mostly playing blind and really enjoying terraria. I played the large map and spent more time building and exploring than anything.

So I accidently summoned the wall of flesh (A thing I knew a small amount about) decided I would at least try to kill it... I did ya! I was so happy...

...until I just instant die everywhere now. I did manage to get the first full set of new armor, and a good sword and laser rifle, but the better gear doesn't matter.

Everything still pretty much instant kills me (I have 40 def). Even if I manage to pull off insane moves and kill stuff it all just spawns right back in so my only option is to fight non stop and do nothing else (I enjoy the building). So now I cant build or mine or get anything done.

I cant wall of the new creep that appeared so my entire jungle is ruined and its coming into the entire left side of my map now (I had lots of cool build stuff and access spots).

Im very frustrated and pretty much going to quit, dont know what else I can do, seems really dumb. I dont mind the challange but the fact that they spawn in non stop makes it unplayable for me. You should get at least 2-5 mins of time to do stuff after clearing enemies.

An example in the dessert is those giant worms. I killed 5, by the time the 6th spawned in i was low health and my hands where tired from the insane clicking....I just let it kill me.

Wish there was a way to un hard mode my game. I miss the building and all the stuff I created. Its all gone now.

it isn't what you want to hear but if i were you i would start a new normal world, use the same character, and just basically start over trying to get better gear in an easier environment before starting hardmode for real.

you mentioned journey mode earlier and that's the correct answer, but if you're attatched to current save you can't bring across your current character/world with a journey mode character/world. building is a lot easier and more manageable in journey though, so it probably wouldn't be a big issue.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: tony8669

tony8669
1 week ago#9
The first time I played hardmode, it really WAS like starting over. Dying a lot, enemies harder to kill, etc.

I'd just tough it out.

Go smash a bunch of altars, search for the new hardmode ores, and improve your gear. After that, you can start fighting the new bosses, improving your gear that way, etc.

There's definitely a learning curve, but I liked it, it seemed like they doubled the amount of gameplay when they added it in. Now, I just prepare in advance for it (my situation is different than yours, I had issues where I had to unwillingly start over a lot, and lost all my past worlds). I would also start over after every major update, but that was just a new character and new world, not deleting anything.

I do Journey Mode now. Yeah, you can cheese with god mode, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's more satisfying to beat the game for real.

I use god mode sometimes now, but I've already done everything legit, so it's really just for convenience.

I do highly recommend TEdit. It's such a great app. Plus, in your case, you might want to revert your world back to pre-hardmode, you can totally do that with TEdit. Not sure I'd bother though, but I don't get too attached to worlds anymore, you'll need to make a bunch of different ones to get things, anyhow (at least a corruption and crimson, unless you're on a "drunk world" seed).
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. welp guess I wrecked my game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A