• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Advice for new players

User Info: RedCannoneer15

RedCannoneer15
2 months ago#1
This is a summered list of things I think new players would find helpful.

The Guide knows everything hes basically an in game wiki give him a material and he will tell you what you can turn it into including other necessary materials.

Break all the pots and Slimes you find aside from the occasional potion and money pots give consumables notably Bombs and Rope bombs are a alternative to pickax mining until well into late game even with the nerf

Ropes can be placed or made into thrown coils handy for safe decents or as handholds over gaps

Breaking slimes drops Gel which can make sticky bombs among other things preventing bombs from bouncing around

Don't be discouraged by death

Build homes this is vital as NPC's provide important services you should always have at least one empty house in case one decides to spawn in

USE THE WIKI the Gamepedia is a vast store of knowledge but comes with the problem all wikis have you start as fishing and end up reading about the mushroom biome and you already forgot about what you learned in the first place.

I saw the other new player thread and decided to try my hand at a few general tips don' t want t post there because its already cluttered with an argument feel free to contribute and please try to stay on topic.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#2
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/630609-terraria/78993077
GameFAQs mods punish you for complaining in replies and tell you to use the report system instead.
But then when you do, they totally ignore valid reports.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
2 months ago#3
RedCannoneer15 posted...
I saw the other new player thread and decided to try my hand at a few general tips don' t want t post there because its already cluttered with an argument feel free to contribute and please try to stay on topic.
We don't need multiple threads on the same subject. If you have something to add, add it to the existing topic and ignore the petty children arguing.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Advice for new players
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A