• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Things I wish I knew before spending 50 hours in this game

User Info: Game_Fan

Game_Fan
3 months ago#31
If you're that desperate, just battle the mech bosses.
Do I need a signature? Nah.
Also, please @Mention me when replying, unless I say I have the topic tracked.

User Info: tony8669

tony8669
2 months ago#32
STG Deathbot posted...
I just rushed five small worlds and five large worlds to hard mode and they were all Vs with the apex of the V straight down from the natural spawn.

How did you get an X to form? I also only play medium worlds and checking with the map viewer, all of my medium worlds have a V in them as well.

It's just random.

I had some as an X, but I do believe the V is more common.

Perhaps it was on my large sized worlds? I wish I could check for you, but I've lost pretty much all my worlds except for what I did this year. Very angry, I have over 800 hours into the game, mostly on PC but also on mobile, and the only thing I have anymore is three worlds on PC. I haven't even went to Moon Lord on them, I don't believe.

tony8669
2 months ago#33
Game_Fan posted...
Checked the wiki, you're right. But wood can.

...i think...

Wood doesn't corrupt, you get alternate woods from corrupted trees.

I've used wood for this... but I'm not fond of the look. However, it does show you've been there and intentionally did that, because there's not going to be a column of wood separating a biome.

Sorry if I beat this horse too much, but I advocate using TEdit for this. I just can't do this kind of tedious stuff in-game anymore. After spending time in a world, I'll use TEdit to put in a hellivator, some teleporter locations, and an underground tunnel.

I used to put in a sky bridge, but it's not all that useful. Maybe for some bosses. Shruggie.

I'll also put a second home at the dungeon... although with the happiness changes to the NPCs, I created a few homes across the map.

That's a lot of work just using TEdit, I couldn't imaging doing all that every time in-game.
(edited 2 months ago)

tony8669
1 month ago#34
I just started playing Journey Mode, which I previously dismissed as something for n00bs.

It's actually kind of neat if you're someone who wants everything, but doesn't feel like creating and organizing everything. You just use the "research" feature, and it adds it to your list, and you can now create it on demand.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 weeks ago#35
tony8669 posted...
I just started playing Journey Mode, which I previously dismissed as something for n00bs.

It's actually kind of neat if you're someone who wants everything, but doesn't feel like creating and organizing everything. You just use the "research" feature, and it adds it to your list, and you can now create it on demand.
Yeah they handled journey mode well. You actually have to WORK for it. And it's not just "for noobs", it's great for doing experiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOCKT4Qai-M
Gamefaqs mods are hypocrites. They change, ignore, or misinterpret rules in any way that suits them.

tony8669
3 weeks ago#36
Gargomon251 posted...
Yeah they handled journey mode well. You actually have to WORK for it. And it's not just "for noobs", it's great for doing experiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOCKT4Qai-M

Have to admit, I ignored it as "noob mode" at first, but it's really cool.

What ultimately drew me in was the ability to have all my items collected and organized. I really wanted to create a world with everything in the game, but it just takes SOOO LONG, and when I was working on designs in TEdit, I'd usually stop because I felt like playing instead.

After playing Journey Mode for a while, I saw you could pause time, which was nice for farming events without worrying about morning arriving before getting the drops you want. And really nothing in the game was new to me except Prismatic Empress, so it wasn't like I was cheating myself out of completing it "for real". I had all this stuff at one time, my files just got corrupted or lost.

Then finally I turned on God Mode, because I was half-playing and half working on other stuff (real work), and was tired of getting killed while just searching underground and not paying attention for a few minutes.

So yeah, the Journey Mode is pretty sweet for people who have already played the game a lot.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Things I wish I knew before spending 50 hours in this game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A