• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Things I wish I knew before spending 50 hours in this game

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#21
WoodenRook posted...
I like Clay for keeping corruption contained. I'll just put clay around all the corruption I can't mine or a clay wall up right on the edge of where it's gotten.
Wood is easier to get I'd figure. And it's renewable. Snow is good too, snow can't corrupt.
GameFAQs mods punish you for complaining in replies and tell you to use the report system instead.
But then when you do, they totally ignore valid reports.

User Info: Game_Fan

Game_Fan
4 weeks ago#22
Gargomon251 posted...

Wood is easier to get I'd figure. And it's renewable. Snow is good too, snow can't corrupt.

99.9% sure it can in hardmode.
Do I need a signature? Nah.
Also, please @Mention me when replying, unless I say I have the topic tracked.

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#23
Game_Fan posted...
99.9% sure it can in hardmode.
Snow biomes can become infected by the Corruption/Crimson and Hallow, either upon world generation or by sped up biome spread in Hardmode. However, only Ice Blocks can be infected.

There is no corrupt/hallow/crimson snow.
GameFAQs mods punish you for complaining in replies and tell you to use the report system instead.

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 weeks ago#24
Unless they changed it... there is definitely red snow. It may loot as snow, but it's red and corrupted on the map.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Raelic Gog: https://www.gog.com/u/WoodenRook
https://media.tenor.com/images/ba9d412c253f22d44f44687807b4e7ac/tenor.gif

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#25
WoodenRook posted...
Unless they changed it... there is definitely red snow. It may loot as snow, but it's red and corrupted on the map.
It's very easy to test in Journey mode. If you use the clentaminator on snow, nothing will happen. You're probably seeing red ice.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
4 weeks ago#26
WoodenRook posted...
Nope. Just ice.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

Game_Fan
4 weeks ago#27
STG Deathbot posted...

Nope. Just ice.

Checked the wiki, you're right. But wood can.

...i think...
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
4 weeks ago#28
Just mine it out if it's that big of an issue. Or place sunflowers down. Or don't even worry about it and go back with the Clentaminator later. There's almost no reason to worry about containment unless you don't plan on going near Plantera for a very long time.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

Game_Fan
4 weeks ago#29
STG Deathbot posted...
Just mine it out if it's that big of an issue. Or place sunflowers down. Or don't even worry about it and go back with the Clentaminator later. There's almost no reason to worry about containment unless you don't plan on going near Plantera for a very long time.

And if on Journey mode, then you can just... Well... Open the menu and turn off infection spread.

User Info: Rai_Jin

Rai_Jin
4 weeks ago#30
It was possible to hoard crates to open them after beating WoF and get the newly available ores, but not anymore. They will still have the pre-WoF content.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Things I wish I knew before spending 50 hours in this game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A