• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. About hoverboard..

User Info: tony8669

tony8669
1 month ago#11
Gargomon251 posted...
Of course it's faster. You haven't even tried to do it.

I'll trust my 46 mph Solar Wings are, of course, far faster than the 33 mph hoverboard. I don't need to "try to do it".
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#12
tony8669 posted...
I'll trust my 46 mph Solar Wings are, of course, far faster than the 33 mph hoverboard. I don't need to "try to do it".
Hoverboard goes 52 mph with no other accessories or buffs....
GameFAQs mods punish you for complaining in replies and tell you to use the report system instead.
But then when you do, they totally ignore valid reports.

tony8669
1 month ago#13
Gargomon251 posted...
Hoverboard goes 52 mph with no other accessories or buffs....

Not according to the official wiki, champ.

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Wings

So while I'd love to believe you, the game devs don't agree.

tony8669
1 month ago#14
Hmm, apparently you're partially correct.

Hovering offers a speed bonus, but the Betsy's Wings, Nebula Mantle, Vortex Fragment, and some Dev Wings are much faster than the Hoverboard, so wings are still way better than a Hoverboard.

So you're correct, hovering isn't worthless. I probably still won't bother, though, that's not compelling enough to overcome my apathy.
(edited 1 month ago)

Gargomon251
1 month ago#15
  • Bonus speed boosted to 233% while hovering.

I'm not saying the hoverboard is the best flight item in the game. Yes, betsy's wings are faster, but the point is you still have to use the same "hovering" input anyway.

tony8669 posted...
I never even got hover to work on PC, but never cared enough to check if I need to rebind a key or something.

GameFAQs mods punish you for complaining in replies and tell you to use the report system instead.
(edited 1 month ago)

tony8669
1 month ago#16
Gargomon251 posted...
* Bonus speed boosted to 233% while hovering.

I'm not saying the hoverboard is the best flight item in the game. Yes, betsy's wings are faster, but the point is you still have to use the same "hovering" input anyway.

Yes, I realize that. But you were saying Hoverboard was faster than Wings, yet there are like five sets of wings which are superior to Hoverboard. Although I guess Hoverboard are technically a "wing" item anyway.
(edited 1 month ago)

Gargomon251
1 month ago#17
I mean, it's faster than MOST wings. I'm pretty sure hovering is always faster than not-hovering, no matter which wings you're using (not sure about fishron wings)
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. About hoverboard..
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A