• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Is Night's Edge generally the way to go pre-hardmode?

User Info: Mike Xtreme

Mike Xtreme
4 months ago#1
I've collected all the swords needed to make it but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger since I'm enjoying my Fiery Greatsword, especially since I'm still working my way through the dungeon and it provides some much needed light when things get hairy. What do you folks think?
I don't like stuff that sucks

User Info: Kurima_Saguki

Kurima_Saguki
4 months ago#2
Mike Xtreme posted...
I've collected all the swords needed to make it but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger since I'm enjoying my Fiery Greatsword, especially since I'm still working my way through the dungeon and it provides some much needed light when things get hairy. What do you folks think?
On the wiki it says that night's edge still shines, although smaller than the fiery greatsword, I don't like swords in pre hardmode (mainly in master mode where it's more dangerous to get close to enemies) and I don't even have a problem with lighting to the point of needing a sword to light the way :), the game has torches and lighting pets after all, in the dungeon I went with some flail and yoyo with my melee character, the only swords I see useful in the game now is meowmere to clean up the old one's army event and zenith which is very powerful, starlight is interesting too.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
4 months ago#3
Flamarang is the ultimate pre-hardmode weapon. Provides plenty of light, has great knockback, keeps enemies at bay, and does enough damage to stay useful until you start crafting hardmode weapons.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: pigfish99

pigfish99
4 months ago#4
Sunfury is also an AMAZING pre-hardmost and hardmode weapon, thanks to the buff flails got.
~~Is Made of Jello!~~
https://i.imgur.com/uG56N82.png

User Info: Mike Xtreme

Mike Xtreme
4 months ago#5
pigfish99 posted...
Sunfury is also an AMAZING pre-hardmost and hardmode weapon, thanks to the buff flails got.

That's actually what I've been using for the last few days, really made WoF easy.
I don't like stuff that sucks
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Is Night's Edge generally the way to go pre-hardmode?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A