• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Anyone good with wiring and circuits?

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
5 months ago#31
tony8669 posted...
That seems like sematics.
It's not semantics. This is a technical difference. The biome the player is in is determined by the number of blocks for that biome on screen. This affects a few mob spawns, but not most of them. For example Jungle Bats spawning instead of Cave Bats.

But most mob spawning is determined by which kind of block they spawn on. Corruption mobs will spawn on ebonstone even if there's not enough for you to be considered in the corruption biome. Snowy mobs spawn on ice even when there's not enough for you to be in the ice biome with background and music changes.

If you don't grasp this difference your mob traps will not spawn what you want.
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune

User Info: tony8669

tony8669
5 months ago#32
I'm not even concerned with the biome thing, I'm just trying to get the wiring working.

Getting biome switching would be nice, but that's not why I asked about wiring.
(edited 5 months ago)

tony8669
5 months ago#33
The way Terraria uses timers is annoying.

If you make a complete circuit, the signal will go in both directions. Also, it doesn't turn on the timer, which will then activate every 1/4 second (or whatever), it will instead act as a "gate" for the timer duration, then the signal will move onward, and the timer will not turn on again unless it receives another signal.

That's nice in a certain situation, but not if you just want a simple timer setup. It would be so much easier if there were transistor objects, because this doesn't work like real circuitry, which only goes the power to ground, if we're talking about DC circuits (AC is different, and I don't know remember it too well).

I've seen there ARE transistors, but they're all from mods. Since 1.4 is the last update, it's unlikely they will add or change much about the game. IMO it's odd the way they implemented electronics, because it doesn't seem useful for anything besides "flip a switch, one thing happens".

User Info: hello2468

hello2468
5 months ago#34
tony8669 posted...
I'm not going to your house and telling you how to play the game, so stop telling me how to play at mine.

If you can't answer the question, then wait until someone more knowledgeable than yourself weighs in.
I'm a bit late to the party, but I feel like I need to clear something up here.

You asked this question specifically to be 'told how to play the game' so that you can increase your knowledge on that topic. If you aren't prepared to treat people who try to help you with respect (no matter how 'knowledgeable' they are), there's absolutely no point in asking questions here to begin with.

tony8669
5 months ago#35
hello2468 posted...
I'm a bit late to the party, but I feel like I need to clear something up here.

You asked this question specifically to be 'told how to play the game' so that you can increase your knowledge on that topic. If you aren't prepared to treat people who try to help you with respect (no matter how 'knowledgeable' they are), there's absolutely no point in asking questions here to begin with.

LOL that's hilarious. I could tell YOU how to play the game, but I don't.

I asked how to wire something. That's it.

I treated people who tried helping just fine. Telling me I don't need an answer is the opposite of helping. Even them I was polite to, I simply told them they weren't helping, and to go away if they didn't intend to.
(edited 5 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Anyone good with wiring and circuits?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A