Getting obsessive-compulsive here...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Getting obsessive-compulsive here...

User Info: gba1989

gba1989
7 months ago#1
Pre-hardmode. I fully cleared a corruption biome with just my pickaxe. Except the altars ofc. I'm thinking of leaving the other corrupted biome half-intact for WE farming. I just feel the need to terraform my first world. I know what hardmode has in store for me.

What's your irrational obsession with this game?
HR is hardly a measure of skill, just a measure of time spent - Ktimleck

User Info: LordLolTrolTroo

LordLolTrolTroo
7 months ago#2
Trying to make a home that is stylish, practical AND monster-proof.
Hatred is stronger than fear.
*You feel a sudden urge to reinstall Deus Ex*

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
7 months ago#3
Early on when I started playing the game, I decided to "excavate" the dungeon for no particular reason. I wanted a floating castle.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

User Info: Cornwallace

Cornwallace
7 months ago#4
I have to "landscape"
no green bullcrap patches, those grass dots in the dirt you can barely see. I dig down, destroy it, and rebuild the ground
takes forever in a new world with the bad pickaxe.

also torches can't be placed on a block sideways. It has to be standing straight up, not leaning left or right
http://creativegametheory.com/ Tower Defense Game ~ Greenlit on Steam!@~!

User Info: gba1989

gba1989
7 months ago#5
That dotted grass also bothers the hell out of me. Although, I do leave some alone as long as they're not forming a large cluster/line.
HR is hardly a measure of skill, just a measure of time spent - Ktimleck

User Info: Maximoom

Maximoom
7 months ago#6
When I play multiplayer with my nephews I waste a lot of time removing their graves, and they do die a lot.

I keep a copy of every accessory I find, even if it become pointless to keep. For example, I keep a collection of bottles, balloons, etc, even when I have access to wings. Or the materials of Ankh Shield and Cellphone.
Gigabyte H81M-H | i5 4460 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3Tech 500W Bronze

User Info: joshiki_r

joshiki_r
7 months ago#7
I insist on a few sunflowers around my main "base". It essentially forces the game to keep any and all corruption away from the area

Maximoom posted...
I keep a copy of every accessory I find, even if it become pointless to keep. For example, I keep a collection of bottles, balloons, etc, even when I have access to wings. Or the materials of Ankh Shield and Cellphone.

I do the same thing via the wall plaques and mannequins. but not only accessories, every decent weapon, decent armor set, etc.

User Info: Cornwallace

Cornwallace
7 months ago#8
^- i keep extra accessories, but it feels like cheating to give them to a new character...but on the new character I collect them also. so each new character has a base filled with chests of every item you'd need to progress just wasted
http://creativegametheory.com/ Tower Defense Game ~ Greenlit on Steam!@~!

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
7 months ago#9
Count me in the group of collecting every single accessory and weapon I come across. I'll sell duplicates and they have to be ordered according to chest type and their power/rarity (ice weapons go in ice chest, etc.). All themed furniture I find also has to go in the same chest (sky furniture goes in sky chests).

Other than that, I always have huge plans for a massive castle/house/village, but I always abandon it halfway and just make generic blocks for NPCs to live in.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: Emerald_Lance

Emerald_Lance
7 months ago#10
One of the first things I did after starting my first character was to hop into a local server with veterans who were being super chill and wanted to help new players. They gave me a bunch of crystal stuff (chests mostly) and a Godly Daybreak. So I started fairly OP.

Then a friend of mine used an inventory editor and gave himself a Stardust Pickaxe. I tried to tell him that we should play our first playthrough the right way, but then he reminded me about my Daybreak. Totally shut me down because of how right he was. ;_;

My OCD is about making sure I don't cheat my first time through. I'm also a hypocrite. >.>
Because Sabin can suplex trains.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Getting obsessive-compulsive here...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived