Help With Final Boss

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MrBucket

MrBucket
4 years ago#1
Well, I assume it's the final boss anyway. True Anemone. I've been able to reduce its blue bar the first time and enter the phase where you hit yellow balls at it to damage it. But after that, it starts going crazy with deploying yellow crystals which instantly heal the blue bar to full. It often deploys the yellow healing crystal at the same time that the top tentacle (which I use to damage the blue bar) revives, so it doesn't seem like I can just get around the crystal by attacking faster than the crystal spawns (especially since the bar restore is immediate).

The second or third time I tried against this boss, I was somehow able to deal some damage to it before the yellow spell ball phase, but I don't know what I did. Maybe that'd allow me to circumvent the blue bar healing (since it doesn't heal the orange health bar). Any idea how I do that? Well, please help with any ideas you might have.

Oh, and I'm on hard difficulty, if that matters. Using Wyatt, with a lvl 3 goibnu armor and the executioner blade purgatory.
At your current user level, 5, you are only allowed to post 10 messages every 24 hours. In the past 24 hours, you have posted 25 messages.

User Info: ragnarok1301

ragnarok1301
4 years ago#2
Teachings of the Life Blade more than doubles your damage. Warp Blade spell is also quite ridiculous.

Really, you should be getting the shield down in a single cycle every time. Before the healing that means getting the tentacles once and then comboing the shield before the tentacles revive. After the healing phase it's taking out the crystal once (generally in one or two aerial combos), then the tentacles, then the shield.

User Info: tlalynet0

tlalynet0
4 years ago#3
Hitting it directly is better than bouncing the balls at it. Ice pillar\Thunder jump can get you up there.

Very early in the phase the tenticle you knocked down should still be there (though its invisible sometimes :( ). if you can stand on that and wail on her it's better.

I used firebrand\TOLB with seraph blades personally, but the purg should be fine.

It seems bleeding applies against the health bar and not the barrier, but thats not enough damadge to circumvent the healing crystals, as they do slowly heal the red bar as well. You've really got to get rid of the healing crystal asap.

User Info: Covenant

Covenant
4 years ago#4
Life Blade doesn't give bonus damage against the tentacles, but it does give bonus damage against the boss itself. Equip it to break the shield and hit the orbs then switch to something else when beating tentacles/crystals into submission.

Just be glad you aren't a magic build. The tentacles and crystal take about a fourth of the damage anything else would from spells and don't have any elemental weaknesses.

ragnarok1301
4 years ago#5
Covenant posted...
Life Blade doesn't give bonus damage against the tentacles, but it does give bonus damage against the boss itself. Equip it to break the shield and hit the orbs then switch to something else when beating tentacles/crystals into submission.

Just be glad you aren't a magic build. The tentacles and crystal take about a fourth of the damage anything else would from spells and don't have any elemental weaknesses.

Wasn't a problem for me when I beat Godslayer with either character. Usually only took a single Dark Ray to take out tentacles. Maybe two for the Crystals.

tlalynet0
4 years ago#6
Covenant posted...

My experience on Goibniu and Godlsayer directly contradicts almost all of your observations.

I got a clean 2x damage vs tenticles with Life Blade, and only ever took it off to vamp off them and heal. TOLB was actually essential for me later to take the tenticles down before it started regenerating.

Magic builds have heaps of spell ruin, and have a fine time destroying True with magic, though both fire and ice have a hard time actually targeting it.

If you're not an magic build you would have problems with it's magic resist, but if you're not a physical build you have a hard time hurting it physically due to lack of armour ruin.

User Info: Covenant

Covenant
4 years ago#7
tlalynet0 posted...
My experience on Goibniu and Godlsayer directly contradicts almost all of your observations.

I was playing on Godslayer.

I got a clean 2x damage vs tenticles with Life Blade...

My damage wasn't boosted at all. Neither my magic weapon attacks nor my spells saw any increase against the tentacles.

TOLB was actually essential for me later to take the tenticles down before it started regenerating.

Thunderstruck is pretty good against the tentacles, since it will hit all three. I didn't have any problem taking out the tentacles without ToLB using it.

Magic builds have heaps of spell ruin, and have a fine time destroying True with magic, though both fire and ice have a hard time actually targeting it.

Yeah, I had around 100 Spell Ruin when fighting True Anemone since I was using Priest Vestments with Bloodmage Manuscript and emptied my mana bar. True Anemone and its tentacles still took a lot less damage than any other boss and a lot less than it does from even a half-assed physical build.

tlalynet0
4 years ago#8
I dunno what to say about our discrepancies man. I didn't spend mana on the tentacles due to not having bloodmage or pots when I went in. I attacked the tentacles physically for the mana, then burned my spells on anemonie herself, which did pretty normal damadge.

ragnarok1301
4 years ago#9
Funny, my experiences were completely different from both of yours as well...

ToLB worked on every piece of True Anemone for every attack.

Spell damage worked very well on every stage of True Anemone. Most spells couldn't hit anything very well, but Dark Ray and Thunderstruck could clear the entire set of tentacles fast enough. Healing Crystal took a full air combo + Dark Ray, maybe a bit more if I screwed up my chain.

The shield always went down during a single tentacle cycle, for magic or physical, if I used ToLB.

Main Anemone, the light balls caused Reckoning, which makes your magic damage a lot stronger. So you can abuse the top-tentacle glitch to get full combo chains with Reina, or you just hit the light balls and spam Dark Ray (or Thunderstruck) and still three/four cycle the boss on Godslayer.

Going up high with Wyatt when the shield down is pointless, because he can't cause Reckoning naturally. Much more reliable just to hit the light balls and spam either spell.

If you're physical, it's all pretty much moot. Just use Warp Blade and Bolveirk(sp?) and crush the tentacles/crystal/shield, and spam back the light balls with max buffs. Only secret there is that the light balls actually deal damage based on your attack damage, so ToLB, Bolveirk, magic buffs, etc. are all relevant...plus Reckoning is still applied and is still relevant. Also, slower weapons with higher attack damage are better if you've upgraded those.

tlalynet0
4 years ago#10
ragnarok1301 posted...
Funny, my experiences were completely different from both of yours as well...

ToLB worked on every piece of True Anemone for every attack.

Spell damage worked very well on every stage of True Anemone. Most spells couldn't hit anything very well, but Dark Ray and Thunderstruck could clear the entire set of tentacles fast enough. Healing Crystal took a full air combo + Dark Ray, maybe a bit more if I screwed up my chain.

The shield always went down during a single tentacle cycle, for magic or physical, if I used ToLB.

Main Anemone, the light balls caused Reckoning, which makes your magic damage a lot stronger. So you can abuse the top-tentacle glitch to get full combo chains with Reina, or you just hit the light balls and spam Dark Ray (or Thunderstruck) and still three/four cycle the boss on Godslayer.

Going up high with Wyatt when the shield down is pointless, because he can't cause Reckoning naturally. Much more reliable just to hit the light balls and spam either spell.

If you're physical, it's all pretty much moot. Just use Warp Blade and Bolveirk(sp?) and crush the tentacles/crystal/shield, and spam back the light balls with max buffs. Only secret there is that the light balls actually deal damage based on your attack damage, so ToLB, Bolveirk, magic buffs, etc. are all relevant...plus Reckoning is still applied and is still relevant. Also, slower weapons with higher attack damage are better if you've upgraded those.

My experiences line up with yours pretty much exactly, except I get better mileage jumping with Wyatt. Note that a neutral wyatt throwing neutral blades (has both dark and light blades, neutral soul) seems to cause reckoning with the projectile blades.

Mind when I used a dark build the dark rays shot the (non existent at that point) tentacles rather than hitting anemonie. Did you have that problem at all?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived