• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  3. Is Leonardo Da Vinci gay? (Possible Spoilers)

User Info: Detroitman312

Detroitman312
7 years ago#1
I just finished playing The Da Vinci Dissapearence and when Ezio and Leonardo are in the Pythagereon cave they talk about Salai. When Ezio says Salai is safe at home, Leonardo says he is thankful for his florins not being spent by Salai. But Ezio says something like "It's ok he fits you, I approve." What is that supposed to mean?? Anyway, back to the topic question Is he gay?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AliKatato
GT:Ali Katato

User Info: Immortal_Azrael

Immortal_Azrael
7 years ago#2
You didn't know? I though it was widely known that he was.
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/ImmortalAzrael.jpg

User Info: RoxasANobody

RoxasANobody
7 years ago#3
Rumored, yes. There's no way to confirm it though.
This is like all the things you can fit inside a memory.
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/OKAYSIAN

User Info: Jallen9000

Jallen9000
7 years ago#4
In game however it's pretty much confirmed.
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

User Info: HUfan4L

HUfan4L
7 years ago#5
ya they hint about it i heard in the game and in AC renissannce it basically says he is

User Info: _Sawyer

_Sawyer
7 years ago#6
Yeppers.
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"

User Info: GameSnoop3

GameSnoop3
7 years ago#7
why do you think leonardo gives ezio a hug every time they meat
"...And then the Lord said: CHAOS CONTROL!"

User Info: bobbyrk

bobbyrk
7 years ago#8
GameSnoop3 posted...
why do you think leonardo gives ezio a hug every time they meat

Best typo evar

Anyway, yeah in the game(s) they certainly make it seem like he's gay. In real life... he very well may have been, but there's no real "hard" (no jokes intended) evidence towards that being the case.
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.

User Info: _Sawyer

_Sawyer
7 years ago#9
^There is some evidence that supports the theory (it's not a rumor that originated with AC). He kept his private life a secret and his male assistant who he called stubborn, a liar, and even a thief lived with him for 30 years and was the inspiration and model for the Mona Lisa. There's more to support the theory, but I'm not gonna point them all out.
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"

User Info: bobbyrk

bobbyrk
7 years ago#10
Again, that's not really enough definitive proof to say that he's gay. It's some evidence towards it, but it's not really "proof" of his orientation.

You'd be hard pressed to find any two Renaissance scholars that agree on Leo's sexual orientation.

Besides, if he WAS actually gay, then the likelihood of him being found out would have been high. After all, he DID get arrested for charges of sodomy, but the charges were dropped because even then there wasn't enough real evidence (in fact, it's suspected that a rival had pinned those charges on Leo in order to discredit him).
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  3. Is Leonardo Da Vinci gay? (Possible Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived