• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: The Run
  3. Can't Use A Controller....Please Help...

User Info: Merciless704

Merciless704
9 years ago#1
I didn't see this topic anywhere else....

I'm having the exact same problem with "The Darkness 2".....my controller is just not acknowledged by these games. Every other PC game I have that requires a controller works just fine with it...but for some reason, I can't get this thing to acknowledge its existence.

The only settings I have to choose from in the menu options are "keyboard" and "wheel"....I can't use any buttons...I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!!

So can someone PLEASE tell me how to get this game to work with my controller? Because this whole thing is driving me nuts since I've waited all this freaking time to play this game...

Thanx in advance....

User Info: Dameon2k

Dameon2k
9 years ago#2
Let me try to help you out. I have a Logitech Dual Rumble controller. I have the same problems you have unless I use a patch of some sort. If you have the same controller or a different Logitech google Logitech Dual Rumble and then the name of the game. It should work for you.

Merciless704
9 years ago#3
Dameon2k posted...
Let me try to help you out. I have a Logitech Dual Rumble controller. I have the same problems you have unless I use a patch of some sort. If you have the same controller or a different Logitech google Logitech Dual Rumble and then the name of the game. It should work for you.

Sorry for the late response...

I'm using a PS2 controller with a USB adapter...I used X-Padder, but all THAT seemed to do was confuse the issue. I mean, yeah, I was able to configure ONE button...maybe two...but it never comes out right...the game still recognizes my controller as a wheel....

I don't think I can explain this for anybody to understand, but I just know this thing does NOT seem to be made to work with my controller like every other NFS game did.

The program you told me to Google....I also used it to no avail with this game. It's just not recognizing anything. I don't know what other configuration options I have...but I know I love NFS games....so this is seriously sucking right now not to be able to play...

The only reason it's still installed on my laptop is because I'm holding out hope that I'll find something that'll help me play it...

Merciless704
9 years ago#4
Merciless704 posted...
Dameon2k posted...

I'm using a PS2 controller with a USB adapter...I used X-Padder, but all THAT seemed to do was confuse the issue. I mean, yeah, I was able to configure ONE button...maybe two...but it never comes out right...the game still recognizes my controller as a wheel....

I don't think I can explain this for anybody to understand, but I just know this thing does NOT seem to be made to work with my controller like every other NFS game did.

The program you told me to Google....I also used it to no avail with this game. It's just not recognizing anything. I don't know what other configuration options I have...but I know I love NFS games....so this is seriously sucking right now not to be able to play...

The only reason it's still installed on my laptop is because I'm holding out hope that I'll find something that'll help me play it...

******UPDATE********

Okay....I tried once again with that x360emu thing and it looks like it's working...only the button setup is SERIOUSLY screwed...it's gonna takee me forever to get it right, especially since it's recognized as a wheel...but thanx anyhow....

Now starts the long configuration journey

Merciless704
9 years ago#5
Merciless704 posted...
Merciless704 posted...
Dameon2k posted...

******UPDATE********

Okay....I tried once again with that x360emu thing and it looks like it's working...only the button setup is SERIOUSLY screwed...it's gonna takee me forever to get it right, especially since it's recognized as a wheel...but thanx anyhow....

Now starts the long configuration journey

*******ANOTHER UPDATE********

Okay, someone needs to let me know the configuration setup for this thing...THE BUTTONS ARE ALL OVER THE FREAKING PLACE!!

It's like I can't win....I somehow get it to be played with a controller, but the setup is ridiculous, and I can't figure out how to change it...

Merciless704
9 years ago#6
Okay.....I guess I could close this topic after this....but I just need help with ONE LAST THING....

I went through the whole xbox360emu thing, and it worked...I was whining about the controller not being recognized, but it showed up in the options, because I downloaded the program from someone else who had it listed as a Logitech controller, allowing me to finally set the controls.

Now, the ONLY issue I have left.....THE RIGHT ANALOG STICK!!

Up is right....down is left.....why does that always happen with these games these days?

I don't really know that much about configuring that xbox360emu program, but I'm sure somebody here does. So, can someone give me the correct configuration to fix the right analog stick? Everything else is perfect, for now....

Thanx in advance...

User Info: Kendrick

Kendrick
9 years ago#7
These kind of headaches are the main reason I decided to get a wired 360 controller. I know with enough work I can use my ps2 controller on any game, but it's just not worth the trouble.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Shin00bi/asm_50.jpg

User Info: OmniD3us

OmniD3us
9 years ago#8
http://rumblepad2.blogspot.com/2011/11/need-for-speed-run.html

download the file from there and follow the instructions...

I use a logitech rumble gamepad but it emulates a 360 controller.

Your welcome.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: The Run
  3. Can't Use A Controller....Please Help...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Will we be able to customise our car/s? General3 Answers
Product key? Tech Support1 Answer
Profiles? General1 Answer
Requirements? Tech Support1 Answer