• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ragnarok Tactics
  3. Does this game has a free roam?

User Info: arceus_mewtwo

arceus_mewtwo
6 years ago#1
or it is like gungnir where there is no explorable world map?
~> GUESS this videogame character:
known as member of org.13 that specialize on fire common on kingdom hearts series

User Info: Dorfl_2

Dorfl_2
6 years ago#2
What kind of scenario are you thinking of when you say "explorable world map"? Just so you know, FF-style "walk around the overworld fighting random battle" elements are almost non-existent in the tactical rpg genre.
Piracy is illegal and immoral.

User Info: rucchipunch

rucchipunch
6 years ago#3
It's the generic point-and-click world map and you can do grinding everywhere. Although for Chapter 1-4 you're restricted to one city and four stages.
If you think Ragnarok Online doesn't have an actual storyline, you're DEAD WRONG. - me

User Info: vae

vae
6 years ago#4
Dorfl_2 posted...
What kind of scenario are you thinking of when you say "explorable world map"? Just so you know, FF-style "walk around the overworld fighting random battle" elements are almost non-existent in the tactical rpg genre.

He's talking about playing non-story battle to train your characters. Not all SRPG allow that.

User Info: Dorfl_2

Dorfl_2
6 years ago#5
Oh those. Yeah, there are plenty of those.
Piracy is illegal and immoral.

User Info: Sans Pants

Sans Pants
6 years ago#6
You can grind? SOLD. I was pretty interested to begin with, but knowing I can grind is a relief.

User Info: Alboreo

Alboreo
6 years ago#7
Good to hear that there are non-story battles, that was my primary concern with the game. I'll have to get it now.

User Info: DontBanMe

DontBanMe
6 years ago#8
Many of us have been hoping for a free-roam world to come back, with actually walking the character to their destinations, and exploring along the way. The only SRPGs that I can think of that had that was the classic Shining Force Series.
360 GT: Supernick4ca
  1. Boards
  2. Ragnarok Tactics
  3. Does this game has a free roam?
  • Topic Archived