• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cargo! The Quest for Gravity
  3. The submarine physics are really harsh!

User Info: MovieBuff333

MovieBuff333
7 years ago#1
Yes...did you ever play Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and try to fly the plane/glider from the airport? Yeah...it's like that.

What is frustrating is that the DEFAULT submarine blueprint you collect already has harsh steering. So that you have to be very careful how you move and almost tap the controls instead of holding them down.

The first thing is that until you modify the design, the buoyancy is not neutral, so pressing forward or back tilts the craft up 45 degrees in the direction you were trying to move. However, a propeller will stop moving if it touches the ground below or the ice above. This dramatically affects the way you move and further unbalances the craft.

The saving grace is the drowning propeller (the large prop that moves you up & down), however it can be very slow to do so, even if you add another couple of them to the craft.

I guess the reason I'm most frustrated is because I'm trying to figure out how to get the chained buddies into the volcano room from the diving pool. Is the sub supposed to be amphibious so that I can drive them into the music rooms? Or am I not steering the sub into the right zone inside the volcano (by zone I mean an invisible trigger that will trigger a cinematic of the buddy running the rest of the way to jump down the pit).

Oh well, I'll go back to it...just found controlling the basic default sub very hard so going to heavily modify some more designs. I do love the way you can build a vehicle to do just about anything in the game you want though.

User Info: MovieBuff333

MovieBuff333
7 years ago#2
OK...I figured out how to make the buddies jump off and run down the hall to jump in the pit themselves.

I just had to get CLOSE enough to the edge and then EXIT the vehicle. So it was a trigger system instead of manually running them down the hall.

On that note, if you have an amphibious vehicle that then drives them down the hall in a chain, it crashes the game when you drive into the music room with the pit. Oops!

The physics are still quite messy though. Instead of having matched propellers (the same number in the front of the craft as you have at the back) then that's a bad thing that makes your nose flip up 45 degrees. Instead have more props in the front or sides and just one (or half the number) in the rear.

User Info: icekiller101

icekiller101
7 years ago#3
How do you get the buddies near your sub in the first place? I tried using music but they never come over, and if I use a car to get them over they explode with happiness before they get close. :<
  1. Boards
  2. Cargo! The Quest for Gravity
  3. The submarine physics are really harsh!
  • Topic Archived