• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Generations
  3. Sonic Adventure 2 is ass compared to Generations and Unleashed

User Info: hitens

hitens
7 years ago#1
I love how everybody complains about Werehog in Unleashed, yet SA2's non-Sonic characters were all 10 times worse. Even worse, they made you use them in a set order. Unleashed at least eventually gives you freedom (with an awesome overworld and RPG elements as well) and Adventure 1 lets you pick whoever the hell you want.

Out of all the 3D Sonic's I've played

Generations
SA1
Unleashed (Day stages are better than SA1 Sonic by far though)
SA2

2006 doesn't even count, I quit after the second level, the loading was just atrocious.

/flame away Sonic fanbase.

Edit: I also can't believe I let the terrible reviews (I mean that in score and quality) keep me from playing Unleashed back in 08. I'm just now playing it, and it's really good. Werehog is bland and annoying, and the stages drag on way too long, but so, so much better than Knuckles/Rouge and Tails/Eggman.
PSN : The14thOne.

User Info: TehMojodogs

TehMojodogs
7 years ago#2
Apples and Oranges. the side gameplay is a chore either way but in SA2 its easier
Hippity Hop and Micheal Jackson are the overrated cancer of the ears: Number who agree: 1

hitens
7 years ago#3
I really think it's just nostalgia goggles from the DC/Gamecube era of Sonic. I'm assuming most people on this board are 17-22. I'm 25, so I was around 8 when S3&K came out, and I thought that game was better than both Adventures by far, although Adventure 1 is very good. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why people liked SA2 so much, besides a pretty cool story.

So you would think I'd hate newer Sonic games even more, since the belief is pretty much that the older you are, the more you hate Sonic. But Generations and Unleashed are two of my favorite Sonics of all time.

Much better than Mario 3D Land, that's for sure. That game is so easy, it took me 3 hours to get every coin in the main story, and the soundtrack is horrible. Same old campy Bowser BS too.

TL;DR, Current Sonic is good, and has been since 08. I'd say best platformer series. It's not like there are that many.

User Info: DMGirl

DMGirl
7 years ago#4
Story wise? I disagree (From what I know about Unleashed anyway). Gameplay? Can't tell you. I haven't played Unleashed or Generations for PS3 or 360.
If you fully love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, please put this as your signature. I'm proud to believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior.

User Info: Hotshot193

Hotshot193
7 years ago#5
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Sonic Adventure 2 is ass compared to Generations and Unleashed

SA2 is just ass in general.
How dare you take the cake! - Pinkie Pie
Currently paying: Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Rayman Origins, Super Mario 3D Land

User Info: roo10158

roo10158
7 years ago#6
SA2 is fun. Unleashed is not.

I really enjoyed and still enjoy sonic-treasure hunting-mech a LOT more than sonic-werehog.

You unleashed fanboys can claim that i might be using nostalgia instead of the truth, but no, i just hate the overrated unleashed, yet find sa2 great. It isn't that i hate unleashed because of werehog, i hate it because the werehog is non-fun.

User Info: FredCat07

FredCat07
7 years ago#7
I love how everybody complains about Werehog in Unleashed, yet SA2's non-Sonic characters were all 10 times worse. Even worse, they made you use them in a set order. Unleashed at least eventually gives you freedom (with an awesome overworld and RPG elements as well) and Adventure 1 lets you pick whoever the hell you want.

That's good - be various is funnier than just focus on that pretty hedgehog's ass 100% of the time.

Of course, Unleashed flexible it up a little bit if it's not for those Symbols, Moon and Sun! Honestly! And again, only 1 character (with two personalities) being playing through this game.

Don't forget Adventure 1 also making you start with Sonic if you started BRAND NEW adventure. Run him through and rest of other unlocked.
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in knuckle. ~Random signer.

hitens
7 years ago#8
I do agree with Werehog being not fun. I just think it's better than the non- Shadow/Sonic stages in SA2. Still pointless that they did put it in.

And people turned me off Unleashed because they said it's a boost-a-thon. Not true, there are plenty of multiple paths and areas where you shouldn't boost. Not as refined as Generations, but I'd even say that the game is far less auto-pilot than both SA1 and 2.

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
7 years ago#9
SA2 is fun.
So you're saying that two crappy, dissonant gameplay modes that take up the majority of the game, and a mode labeled "Sonic" which hardly plays like what it's meant to be, and has among the worst soundtracks and most automation in the series makes up a"fun" game?

User Info: BarontheGreat

BarontheGreat
7 years ago#10
Mech Shooting >>>>> Treasure Hunting >>>>>>>>> Werehog

IMO. They're all decent, but the grating combat coupled with slippery controls made the Werehog a far more annoying experience than it should have been (not to mention the idea behind the Werehog was treasonous).

Additionally, I found the main Sonic gameplay in SA2 more fun and intuitive than any other game in the series. The music, story, theming, and multiplayer are all the very best the series has to offer.

I frequently replay SA2:B with friends and I can safely say it has withstood the test of time. It's just as fun as ever.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Generations
  3. Sonic Adventure 2 is ass compared to Generations and Unleashed
  • Topic Archived