• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Generations
  3. So I finally played Sonic CD for the 1st time...

User Info: ssupermario92

ssupermario92
7 years ago#1
It was decent, but I really don't understand the hype for it. Everyone I talked who played the game made it seem like it was the best thing since sliced bread. But it just ok in book, music was ok, stages were forgettable IMO (well not stardust speedway for obvious reasons), the boss fights...wtf, even the final boss was just crap ( a d-pad...seriously?). The past/present/future concept was pretty cool though.

All in all IMO, it was just alright, forgettable, but ok.

Edit:meant to say speedway instead of highway, my bad
All systems are go! why? 'cause I say so!
f you remember who said that and from which game, you'll get a cookie.

User Info: FortePlus

FortePlus
7 years ago#2
Yeah, I loved it the first time I played it, back when I was 13.
Now I'm struggling to finish Quartz Quadrant. The time posts are so horribly placed that it's ridiculous.
I have almost no motivation to finish this thing. Playable Tails isn't worth it.
[Bonafide Canadian Negro] ~ Slicker than a can of oil, with no Castor
BET makes my brain cry.- Gnorry

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
7 years ago#3
stages were forgettable IMO (well not stardust highway for obvious reasons),
A level so not forgettable you can't even remember its name.
JOHN: you are like a furry now, but not really the weird kind that people on the internet like to have sex with in their imagination.
JADE: D:

User Info: breakerx27

breakerx27
7 years ago#4
The metal sonic battle was amazing. Really enjoyable.

Overall, I don't get the hype either. The backgrounds are such a cluster**** that I couldn't tell what a platform was or wasn't. The was also one of the most nonlinear sonic games I played (that could be a good and a bad thing).

Don't get me wrong, it was fun (in the couple hours it lasted), but Sonic 3&K still reigns as the best for me.
"I masticate about 3, maybe 4 times a day"
People who thought that was sexual for a moment: 32

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
7 years ago#5
The metal sonic battle was amazing
...seriously?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some Sonic fans have low standards, but...seriously?
JOHN: you are like a furry now, but not really the weird kind that people on the internet like to have sex with in their imagination.
JADE: D:

User Info: TallWhiteNinja

TallWhiteNinja
7 years ago#6
I liked it, just not as much as S3&K and 2. Going through and destroying all the generators was fun, even if a few timeposts were a pain. If you're just playing to blow through the stages, it's far too easy and far too short.
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.

User Info: plasma_kirby123

plasma_kirby123
7 years ago#7
Knux Chao posted...
...seriously?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some Sonic fans have low standards, but...seriously?

This

The whole" First fight with metal Sonic" is pretty cool until when you actualy fight. It was a glorified obsical course. Generations fix'd this though.

To be fair, you only ever see Metal in this, heroes, and the rival games. Evrything else was a spin-off.

I just wish it was more like Mecha Sonic. NOW that was a boss fight.
Gamertag: Vampire Moogle
I cannot tell you, its confidencial. Anyway, how is your sex life?-Tommy Wiseau

User Info: Xigbar13

Xigbar13
7 years ago#8
Sonic CD had a bunch of interesting ideas, but that's really about it.

They didn't really do anything with the time travel gimmick. You just search around the level until you find a past lampost, then search around the level until you find a way to get to 88 MPH to travel back to the past, which usually involves finding two springs facing each other. (as it's pretty much impossible to get enough speed without memorizing the level) Then searching around the past until you find the robot generator, (and the Metal Sonic hologram if you care about that) and then you just go right until you finish the level. There's no reason to ever go to the future.

You can also just ignore the time travel entirely if you go for the Time Stones. Doing that also lets you notice that the level design isn't very good, because the levels are entirely built for exploration, and just going through normally takes like, a minute and isn't even remotely challenging.

...seriously?

This

The whole" First fight with metal Sonic" is pretty cool until when you actualy fight. It was a glorified obsical course. Generations fix'd this though.

To be fair, you only ever see Metal in this, heroes, and the rival games. Evrything else was a spin-off.

I just wish it was more like Mecha Sonic. NOW that was a boss fight.

Also this. I never understood why so many people like the Metal Sonic fight so much. You run to the right and jump a few times. Hooray. Such a fantastic boss fight.
If you really want to listen to visions whenever you want just turn on your vaccum cleaner and press RECORD: Sply_Circo2

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
7 years ago#9
Yeah back before it was widely released you'd hear "Sonic CD is the best" so often from so many people including the media.

But now after the big re-release you are beginning to hear people discovering that it really wasn't the best Sonic game ever.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman

User Info: TheGreatDebate

TheGreatDebate
7 years ago#10
Metal Sonic battle.

It was a cool idea, but done wrong.
I will never be perfect, but thanks to Jesus, I don't need to be. Bless the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Generations
  3. So I finally played Sonic CD for the 1st time...
  • Topic Archived