• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Generations
  3. You know, this game isn't that epic like the trailers claimed it to be.

User Info: Nintendoboy77

Nintendoboy77
7 years ago#1
After thinking over what I had played, I remembered the trailers for this game. I still like the game, but I realized some things about it...

When both classic Sonic and classic Tails go back in time at the end, wouldn't they remember what had happened? If so, couldn't they just they prevent this event when they grow older? The Madworld/Sonic Colors writers basically just opened another timeline by sending classic Sonic and classic Tails back in time at the end of the game therefore Modern Sonic will have different events that happen. I swear these writers need to think things through or just leave if they aren't going to make sense.

As far as gameplay, well... lets break this down shall we?

Controls/Physics: After this game, I now kinda see why some people complain about physics. These Jumping physics are terrible!

Levels: I like the level design, but why change them so much. This game would probably be better if they kept Modern stages closer to the original source. I don't feel like I'm living nostalgia here like this game tries to force upon you. Even the classic levels are different a little bit.

I'm sorry, I just can't get into how epic this game is supposed to be. I like it, best Sonic game in a while, but It couldve had some more work done to it.
The Super Smash Bros. series is the best Nintendo series EVER! People who agree: 10

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
7 years ago#2
When both classic Sonic and classic Tails go back in time at the end, wouldn't they remember what had happened? If so, couldn't they just they prevent this event when they grow older?
Not if that would shunt them into a beta timeline which would eventually be destroyed.

Levels: I like the level design, but why change them so much. This game would probably be better if they kept Modern stages closer to the original source. I don't feel like I'm living nostalgia here like this game tries to force upon you. Even the classic levels are different a little bit.
If I wanted to play those levels again, I'd play the game they came from.
JOHN: you are like a furry now, but not really the weird kind that people on the internet like to have sex with in their imagination.
JADE: D:

User Info: WandererIsAHero

WandererIsAHero
7 years ago#3
Because this isn't just supposed to be a HD port. As for the timetravel aspect, you care way too much.

I'll agree on Classic physics though, but the game is far from unplayable.
Don't tempt me, I am the one that killed my sister after all. - Zealotkiller.
*Is Ciel*

User Info: CyborgTwenty

CyborgTwenty
7 years ago#4
i agree the story and the physics in this game suck.

User Info: tuznecote

tuznecote
7 years ago#5
This is one of the first games where it really felt the story writers really really REALLY didn't give a ******* crap. I don't mean the "I don't care what happens lets just write crap and force feed it to the player" or the alternative is to not give a crap like canon or sense games like our famous Mario, Conkers bad fur day, banjo or even Saints row 3.

Sonic Generations really threw a bunch of crap together and really really didn't bother the string it all to get some coherent idea or conclusion or sense. This is totally not the way I want things to go.I prefer a stupid story that tries to make sense (06) rather than sprinkled nonsense. It feels like an episode of a Cartoon which is fine if I know that tomorrow or next week I will get the next installment but not as something thats meant to last me until next christmas.

err.... what else did you talk about.

Controls/Physics: After this game, I now kinda see why some people complain about physics. These Jumping physics are terrible!

Yes.

Utterly agreed. I really didn't feel much nostalgia like I was meant to. Only running down Speed Highway and something really stupid that I can't remember and the network theme music.

Nah the game was "epic" it was just very good.
Sonic at his finest : http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/screenshot_253809.jpg

User Info: CyborgTwenty

CyborgTwenty
7 years ago#6
the story in generations is pretty much the worst story in a sonic game ever.
from best to worst story:

Adventure 2
Unleashed
Adventure
Heroes
Shadow
Generations

User Info: BlueFreedoms

BlueFreedoms
7 years ago#7
I don't care for Generations story either, but saying its worse than 06 or Shadow is flat out wrong in every sense of the word.
http://aerobian-angel.deviantart.com/art/A-Common-Misconception-210074451
Sonic: Experience has taught me to investigate anything that glows.

User Info: roo10158

roo10158
7 years ago#8
This game was not meant to have much of a story

User Info: mahboi

mahboi
7 years ago#9

Actually, if they were too similar it probably wouldn't be worth it for me to buy the game. The game revamps the stages, but they still feel like the same place. Important concepts are kept in the levels (rising chemicals, truck chase, wisps, etc.), but updated so the game doesn't just feel like an HD collection of old levels.
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 30
Kingwhopointstodinner

User Info: TheGreatDebate

TheGreatDebate
7 years ago#10
CyborgTwenty posted...
the story in generations is pretty much the worst story in a sonic game ever.
from best to worst story:

Adventure 2
Unleashed
Adventure
Heroes
Shadow
Generations

06 better than Heroes? HA!

Heroes was pretty cool as far as Metal Sonic disguising as Eggman. 06 hardly had any real cool elements. Most of it was nonsense.
I will never be perfect, but thanks to Jesus, I don't need to be. Bless the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Generations
  3. You know, this game isn't that epic like the trailers claimed it to be.
  • Topic Archived