• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Madeleine or Caxton?

User Info: KittySalad

KittySalad
6 years ago#1
Who should I give the gold idol? I know what Caxton sells with it but what do i get with Madeleine?

User Info: rsxavior

rsxavior
6 years ago#2
Madeline will stock more female only equipment to my knowledge and a few mage pieces.
PSN: rsxavior
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Guts, Scather/Challenger Fighter Build

User Info: POSEIDON_85

POSEIDON_85
6 years ago#3
heres what you do, make a forgery and both can have it i guess
PSN ID: Hizz_PANIC
http://youtu.be/1orMXD_Ijbs

User Info: Maiagare

Maiagare
6 years ago#4
Or make two forgeries and keep the original, if the 30% prices off benefit is real.

User Info: Frozen-Shadow

Frozen-Shadow
6 years ago#5
Forgeries will not work for the idol quests. You need to give them the real one. Just make a forgery for the shop discount.
*insert random pseudo-intellectual/quasi-humorous/narcissistic sig here*

User Info: Shadow_Blaze23

Shadow_Blaze23
6 years ago#6
Frozen-Shadow posted...
Forgeries will not work for the idol quests. You need to give them the real one. Just make a forgery for the shop discount.

I'm glad you said that before someone screwed up.
PSN: Shadow_Blaze17

User Info: KittySalad

KittySalad
6 years ago#7
So I guess Caxton then. And yeah, forgeries only give you discounts.

User Info: ReignOfDestiny

ReignOfDestiny
6 years ago#8
Caxton upgrades his weapons for every class.

Madeleine upgrades some of her armor/clothing for especially the Alchemickal Vest and Cloak for all classes and some nice thing for rogue classes. The best being female only. However, she does also get the best daggers like Caxton but also the Kunai Daggers as well.

Magick Archers fare the best from her shop upgrades except Caxton will have the better MBow

So basically, If you are a Strider/Ranger/Assassin who doesnt focus too much on Bow you can go Madeleine for the armor/clothing and the daggers..

If you're a female you should go for Madeleine, regardless for the armor.

All other classes and males should probably go with Caxton for the weapons. Though most of them can be found in the open world. Minus some of the expensive ones which cant be found til post game.

Madeleine's Armor sets can be found as well however it requires more degree of farming and more time wasting than farming for the one weapon you need from Caxton.

I,personally, always give it to Madeleine because I prefer her upgraded stock of items and early access to the Alchemickal Vest. But thats because I know where everything is by now and don't mind stopping by chests mid quest to find the item I want.

So, its a preference really.

User Info: grundlesmashaz

grundlesmashaz
6 years ago#9
Frozen-Shadow posted...

I'm pretty sure you can use forgeries for at least caxton, if i remember correctly,on my first play through i gave him a forgery and still got the upgraded inventory he just says something like "oh i imagined it would be better quality" or something like that. Though I had a friend tell me he didnt get the upgraded inventory with Madeline using a forgery.
PSN: inyoulikeinsulin

User Info: Valor_Phoenix

Valor_Phoenix
6 years ago#10
http://valorphoenix.blogspot.com/2012/06/dragons-dogma-idol-guide.html

Caxton's unlocks are all weapons, mostly enchanted. Some of Madeleine's stuff is hard to find comparatively.
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Madeleine or Caxton?
  • Topic Archived