• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Starting for the first time.

User Info: DeadMaster

DeadMaster
7 months ago#1
Are any of the areas level locked?

Any helpful tips besides what's in the pinned topics?

BTW I'll be playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on the Xbox 360. I know the servers got shut down but this version is the only option I have right now.

User Info: cmhawk84

cmhawk84
7 months ago#2
There aren’t areas closed off but there are certainly areas you will be gear checked at. And def s*** just above your level. Sell anything you don’t want for your build, I’d say hard mode for more gold but that kind of makes the game easy. Good luck! I miss the old days of this game...it’s why I joined gamefaqs
GT- CHawk84
PSN-CHawk1984

User Info: BrelenRaven

BrelenRaven
7 months ago#3
The world isn't scaled to your level nor do you have to hit a certain level to go somewhere. Like the other guy said, though, there's some spots where if your gear is poopy you're gonna have a rough time. So keep your weapons upgraded! : )
I've been called the Hero of Kvatch, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Dragonborn, Courier 6, and the Arisen, but just call me Brelen.

User Info: cmhawk84

cmhawk84
7 months ago#4
this game will always be my fav RPG. Man i wish i could go back to 2012 when this came out!
GT- CHawk84
PSN-CHawk1984

User Info: DeadMaster

DeadMaster
7 months ago#5
Thanks all! Good to know.

User Info: nykowolf

nykowolf
5 months ago#6
I just wanna add, started this on switch like 4 days ago and beat it yesterday. Havent had this much fun in a while.

User Info: hawkwind_dragon

hawkwind_dragon
2 months ago#7
I really like that you can character change your Arisen anytime. Often I'll play the original version before going Dark Arisen version.

User Info: LonerwolfM

LonerwolfM
2 months ago#8
Lets see

1 Make friends and rent from your friend list. 1 higher level Pawn can help dramatically in some early areas such as the Bandits on the way to save Quina

2 Don't be afraid to explore and take the long route sometimes. You never know what treasures you will uncover.

3 IF you want some quick and easy experience visit BBI but don't push too deep too fast. Just grabbing the first few jobs off the job board and getting past the 1st area will give you several levels of experiece

4 HAVE FUN
GT LONER WOLF, GT LONER WOLF 02, Enjoy yourself, Life is too short not to!!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Starting for the first time.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A