• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Dragon's Dogma the anime TV series

User Info: hawkwind_dragon

hawkwind_dragon
11 months ago#1
Dragon’s Dogma the anime deviates from the game by naming and theming each of the seven episodes after a specific deadly sin.

I haven't watched it yet (Netflix) should be pretty good.

User Info: Tatunen08

Tatunen08
11 months ago#2
It was pretty good.
I was too lazy to make a signature.

User Info: hawkwind_dragon

hawkwind_dragon
11 months ago#3
Watched the first episode, interesting story and graphics.

User Info: Okamiaku

Okamiaku
11 months ago#4
Its pretty good, my complaints were more about lost game tie ins.

The armor should have been taken from sets in game.
The main character acts like a fighter pawn while his pawn acts like the arisen.
Classes should have been more researched. Main character is using wrong loadouts for his classes and the pawn keeps switching between Mystic Knight and Magik Archer.

Lots of wasted immersion potential, I get the impression the director/storyboard never played the game and only had bullet point list of info.
" With Passioned Breath the Darkness Creeps, It is the Whisperer in the Night to Spy upon your Sleep "

User Info: RangerBorn12

RangerBorn12
8 months ago#5
I thought it was okay, though the story, in my opinion, was kinda plain. Felt like the first and final episodes were the only ones that mattered. The rest were filler, with the only purpose is just for the dragon to show how humans are evil and flawed (because 7deadly sins and all), even though the whole theme of the show just doesn't fit well for Dragon's Dogma and it's overall just cliched.

The animation was good, I can definitely tell you that, and atleast it ain't Berserk 2016, but it had so much potential. The show barely references anything from the game, from certain story moments to characters. I can remember the characters from the game but the ones from the anime were forgettable, with the exception being the main protagonists. Really feels like the director only knew about the monsters' designs and the concept of the dragon and main pawn, and nothing else.

Regardless, it's alright, but it's not the best anime adaptation. I recall Mother's Basement making a video on it. Say what you want about him but he made some pretty good points on the anime. Speaking of which, that was the last I even heard of anything regarding the anime. After that it felt like the show was kinda forgotten. Even the Castlevania netflix show is still being talked about.
There ain't no grave to hold my body down.
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: Jaitsu

Jaitsu
4 months ago#6
Its garbage. Maybe on its own its alright but as an adaptation it takes WAY too many liberties, to the point of coming across as a bad fanfic written by someone who never played the game.
Trust in me.

User Info: meralonne

meralonne
2 months ago#7
I can think of half a dozen GameFAQs users that could've written a better story.
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Dragon's Dogma the anime TV series
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A