• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: CapnStanky

CapnStanky
7 years ago#1
Yep, they scored it down for not having multiplayer. Think they did that with Skyrim? Skyrim's awesome, but not having multiplayer isn't a negative. Expect to see that complaint a lot though with this game since it's built on a party system. Ignoring the multiplayer complaint though and this is a fairly positive review.

Gamepro.de: 79%

graphics:
ps3 7/10 xbox 360 6/10

+ harmonic world, charactermodels
- flickering shadows, sloppy textures, few details

PS3 version is sharper, intense colors. 360 version more stable though

sound:
8/10

+ good soundtrack, good soundeffects
- no german synchronisation

pros&cons

+ good combatsystem, boss-fights, pawn-system
- A.I. problems, camera, big distances, no multiplayer

overall:
solid rpg with innovative pawn-system but poor tech (they mention it especially for 360)
Mass Effect 3, Witcher 2 360, Darksiders 2, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Fez, Trials Evolution

User Info: valium88

valium88
7 years ago#2

Well 8/10 is a pretty good score, kind of anticipated those shortcomings but that won't bother me. Excited for a gamespot review with hopefully/most likely Kevin.

User Info: Vx7

Vx7
7 years ago#3
Thanks for finding it! ... Does this mean the game has gone gold? .. If so I wonder why they preferred the PS3 version... Is there something actually notably different.
.,.,.foREVer.,.,.
___ Check out an awesome new Action/RPG titled Dragon's Dogma(Demo Available)

User Info: Bane766

Bane766
7 years ago#4
CapnStanky posted...
Yep, they scored it down for not having multiplayer. Think they did that with Skyrim? Skyrim's awesome, but not having multiplayer isn't a negative. Expect to see that complaint a lot though with this game since it's built on a party system. Ignoring the multiplayer complaint though and this is a fairly positive review.

Gamepro.de: 79%

graphics:
ps3 7/10 xbox 360 6/10

+ harmonic world, charactermodels
- flickering shadows, sloppy textures, few details

PS3 version is sharper, intense colors. 360 version more stable though

sound:
8/10

+ good soundtrack, good soundeffects
- no german synchronisation

pros&cons

+ good combatsystem, boss-fights, pawn-system
- A.I. problems, camera, big distances, no multiplayer

overall:
solid rpg with innovative pawn-system but poor tech (they mention it especially for 360)

I think the MP complaint is stupid, tbh. About what I expected for the review. I'm still waiting for an IGN/Gamespot/Shacknews one.
GT/PSN ID: Bane766
Douleur Peur Mort

User Info: Stiler

Stiler
7 years ago#5

"big distances"

They gave it a NEGATIVE for not only having a feature that is'nt in the game (mp) but also for having too large a world???

Seems rather unfair to review a game and then knock it for not having some "feature" you wish it had.

User Info: Bane766

Bane766
7 years ago#6
Stiler posted...
"big distances" They gave it a NEGATIVE for not only having a feature that is'nt in the game (mp) but also for having too large a world??? Seems rather unfair to review a game and then knock it for not having some "feature" you wish it had.

Maybe it takes forever to walk from one place to another? But yeah, I agree...sounds stupid.
GT/PSN ID: Bane766
Douleur Peur Mort

User Info: LEGEND_725

LEGEND_725
7 years ago#7

Time for me to start getting frusterated by stupid reviews lol.

Any reviews that subtract points for no multiplayer is going to bug me to no end.  I'll take the single player experience and sharing pawns with my friend, not every game has to be a multiplayer experience... 

User Info: Dart_Feld7

Dart_Feld7
7 years ago#8
Link/Source?

I wonder why they'd release a review 3 weeks before release.

Review embargo usually lasts until the week/weekend before release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
7 years ago#9
Stiler posted...
"big distances" They gave it a NEGATIVE for not only having a feature that is'nt in the game (mp) but also for having too large a world??? Seems rather unfair to review a game and then knock it for not having some "feature" you wish it had.

It's most likely got hit for no consistent fast travel or mounts. Most of the regulars knew about this already.
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
7 years ago#10
It's strange how the PS3 version looks better, all of Capcom's game's look better on the 360 (SF IV, MVC3, SFXT, Asura's Wrath, Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet 1 & 2, etc).
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
  • Topic Archived