• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. Ultimate Angler: How to get remaining regular fish?

User Info: THEThemePark

THEThemePark
6 months ago#1
I am going out of my mind here. I've not had any significant problems getting specific fish from the 5 regular islands, until now. So far it's just been a matter of using bait that only one fish likes, or a combination of bait specific to that fish.

I have 6 fish left to catch, all the biggest ones, in Ossein, Loch and Titan Islands. I've tried it all, using specific bait or specific combinations, making Very Large baits, having an entire team of 10 Miis with me, and I always end up getting smaller fish and sometimes trash, even with combinations that should net me a fish.

So does anyone have any advice on how to get those last fish? I'm not even concerned about the Silver and Gold Islands right now, or A+ fish or any of that really hard stuff, I've been reading about. I just wanna catch all the regular fish.

User Info: silktail

silktail
6 months ago#2
Apart from using rods with the "Big Fish Boost" skill, I can't really think of anything else which might help.

Although you probably want to use single baits, to get more attempts at attracting the right fish each session.
Personally I normally only mix in baits which attract no fish in that area (the Big Fish Boost probably lessens trash outcome from doing so).
---

User Info: THEThemePark

THEThemePark
5 months ago#3
I didn't have Big Fish Boost on any of my rods, but I went ahead and tried single baits for a while with mixed results. It did however net me two of the last 3 monsters, and I got Nessie as the last one by mixing all the baits that it liked into one Very Large Bait.

Now I just need three more fish and I'll have completed the 5 main islands and I can finally put the game to rest, not gonna bother with Silver or Gold islands or A+ fish, it's just not worth the trouble. But thanks for the help, silktail. :)
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. Ultimate Angler: How to get remaining regular fish?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A