• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. Japanese Puzzle Pieces

User Info: regirafariger

regirafariger
6 months ago#1
This is the longest of long shots, but I figure I'll post it here anyway, and will make a similar topic on the generic Nintendo 3DS system board.

I am a collector of 3DS consoles, and have a few, including more than one each Japanese and PAL units. I have a couple complete streetpass plazas in my native North America NTSC collection, BUT...

in my Japanese ones, there is a Japanese-exclusive puzzle that does not exist in either the PAL or North American puzzle collections, featuring Barbara the Bat. I am missing seven out of the eight pink pieces, and even back in the days when Home Depot / McDonalds would have their occasional world wide relay events, I never got them.

Is there anybody in Colorado who owns a Japanese 3DS and has the Barbara the Bat pinks? I'd be willing to drive a reasonably stupid distance with my Japan units in tow to meet up with somebody at a mall food court or library or college commons or whatever to complete that puzzle. It's the last obstacle.

I've never been remotely interested, nor do I have the skills, to mod or homebrew anything, so all my collection are updated to the latest firmware and legit. I also never did homepass, obviously, or else that puzzle would have been long since finished.

I know how long a shot this is, but I figure, what the heck, might as well put it out there.

User Info: regirafariger

regirafariger
6 months ago#2
And wow, when I research it a little further, I see there was a Picross puzzle available for PAL that I never got, the Rusty's Real Deal Baseball puzzle was totally different in Japan and I never got it started either, and I managed to miss the McDonald's Mario and Happy one here in the states. No idea if that McDonald's one is "startable" via streetpass, or if it was compulsory to start it at McDonald's and it's therefore a lost cause. If anybody anywhere near me (again, Colorado) has any of these, I'll come to you for a friendly public place meetup. I know the Japan McDonald's and Airplane ones are no-hopers, so I'm not even worried there.

User Info: 2014-ruled

2014-ruled
6 months ago#3
I think the Mario and Happy one may have been international-exclusive, as I never got that puzzle.
Currently playing: SMT IV, SJ Redux, Persona 3 FES, 4, Q, 5, FFX, Sushi Striker, PKMN Swrd
Want to play: Family Guy Video Game!, FF I & II, FE 3 Houses, AC
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. Japanese Puzzle Pieces
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A